PDA

View Full Version : need some advice plz!!

mum to three
20-11-09, 19:18
Hi

Sorry for repeating myself but i have not had any replies to my last post. Following GP's advice i reduced my dose on saturday and have been feeling good, that is until a couple of days ago, i now feel a bit disoriented, lightheaded and really anxious and irate is this withdrawal side effects that will pass or should i abandon the idea of reducing my dose and go back to 20mg everyday ?? xx

bottleblond
20-11-09, 19:23
Hmmmmm....Personaly if it was me then i would but it really depends whether you can ride the side effects hun.
It can be quite difficult reducing meds and you really have to expect things to be a bit iffy for a bit.

Hope you feel better soon
Lisa
xx
:bighug1:

suzy-sue
21-11-09, 13:50
These sort of Meds can be very hard to come off for some ...You didnt say how much you have cut down by ? Perhaps if you had cut down by 10mg you could try 5mg ..Ive done this from 40mg and now on 35mg ,I didnt have any side effects at all ..Wishing you well .Sue x:hugs:

mum to three
21-11-09, 19:19
Thank you both for your replies :hugs:. I was on 20mg and my GP has advised me to take 20 mg one day then 10mg the following and so forth, do you think this is the best way to do it or should i try 15mg everyday?? take care xx

suzy-sue
21-11-09, 19:23
Taking 15mg a day will be a more stable dose .I wouldnt do it any otherway myself ..See how you get on for a couple of weeks ..Sue x

laila
21-11-09, 19:25
Hi.....i have weaned myself of citalopram....i tried doin it to fast and felf like crap...but then i got myself to 20mg,stayed with that for 3 weeks then went down to 15 for a couple of weeks......then 10mg and then i went to every other day till i was only havin it on a friday then just stopped! Been off them for 5 months now.and feel fine the odd symptom but i can handle them! I only came off them as i put on weight Grrrrrrr! But glad i have. Hope it all goes well ;0)

mum to three
25-11-09, 22:25
Hi thanks for getting back to me, im going to give it to the end of the week and if i still feel rubbish i will start on 15mg everyday. Take care xxx

looking4answers
26-11-09, 03:03
Some of us are very sensitive to meds.. no matter what they are .. the changes between doses can be just as shocking to our system as anxiety ..Im sure all will be better in a few days ,if not check with your doctor.. Take care. Michael

mum to three
26-11-09, 19:35
Thanks again everyone for the support, im still having a bit of a struggle but coping. I see my GP on monday so i will see what he suggests take care xxx