PDA

View Full Version : new member

rachel38
20-11-09, 20:53
HI,

I have enjoyed reading and learning that there are more people out there like me. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one. I have severe anxiety, health anxiety really bad and panic attacks. It all became worse after my first child. I started having full blown panic attacks and fast heartbeat all the time along with skipped or some kind of wierd sensation in my chest. I am only 38 and have had quite a few EKGs and several other tests. We have a 5,000 deductible on our insurance and I took care of that myself within about 6 months with tests and doctor visits. I have an obsession with checking symptoms online, well that makes it worse because then I start having all the symptoms to my particular disease of condition that week. My husband actually at one point blocked all those sites from me. I could go on and on. It is just to much to take. I love my life, I want to live and be happy. I feel blessed with all I have and my children but I just cannot kick this anxiety stuff.

Rachel

nomorepanic
20-11-09, 20:58
Hi rachel38

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Alisonj
21-11-09, 04:45
Welcome to the site!

Krisvicious
21-11-09, 04:53
Hello Rachel!

Dont feel bad - I do the same thing when it comes to symptoms. I have convinced myself of so many terrible things. The best thing you can do is acknowledge that you do that and then avoid it at all costs. You will put yourself in a panic that way. I know you have heard all of this before ahaha. Just know were all here for you!

Jaco45er
21-11-09, 09:21
Hi Rachel and welcome :)

I used to read our family health encyclopedia daily I was so obsessed that I had heart problems etc etc.

I found "Hope and Help for your nerves" by Claire Weekes a terrific help for overcoming health anxiety.

TC

Jaco

diane07
21-11-09, 10:10
A huge warm :welcome: to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

lynn1960
21-11-09, 15:51
please do not look up systoms you can convince yourself you have all sorts of illness that willmake you worse and the anxiety is bad enough but you will start to feel better and you will be happy again i thought i never would but things are starting to get better

Southern_Belle
21-11-09, 17:33
Hi Rachel,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. I'm so glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

labamba
23-11-09, 14:17
Hi

I used to do this and in times of high anxiety I tend to do this trying to find a quick fix or solution to my problems. It will fade over time but it just takes time. Try and find a hobby I find this helps me when I a worrying too much.

Take care

looking4answers
24-11-09, 06:39
Welcome to the site you are among excellent company here to find people to express your feelings and talk to about your troubles..Take care .. Michael