PDA

View Full Version : How High Does Your BP Get When Walking Around or Exercising and What Is Safe?

looking4answers
21-11-09, 01:50
I was just curious. Everything I have read and heard says . Don't smoke or drink anything before you take your BP . Sit upright and relax for 15 minutes before you take it. Also it says go to the bathroom if you need to before you take your BP.. So ok..If you have normal blood pressure doing this..

Then what is your blood pressure when you are up and working or walking around or exercising and what is considered safe readings when all of this is going on?

Also If you are tired and had a long day and been on the go would your readings be slightly higher than normal ? Do they take into account that you have just worked hard all day and you are tired? I have a billion questions concerning something before I never really thought about.

Alisonj
21-11-09, 04:35
Pretty much everything affects your BP reading, eating, drinking, movement, stress, excitement, lack of sleep and so much more. But those ups in our BP are not at all dangerous. When we exercise our BP's easily exceed 140/90, when I did my stress test I know mine was quite high and it was normal for that to happen. My husband had a toothache 2 weekends ago so bad we had to go to the ER. His blood pressure is normally 110/70 at the most. From the pain that he was having it was 156/114. But they were not concerned because they knew it was from the pain. The only time it becomes a problem is when your pressure is up and stays up with rest. Usually 3 seperate high readings at rest before you will get an actual diagnose of high blood pressure. All the other times its up, its natural and normal

Jaco45er
21-11-09, 08:45
Alison is spot on fella.

I read that a power lifters BP can hit 200/120 when lifting, and that our bodies are designed to take increases in BP.

It's only an issue if you have high BP constant at rest,and bear in mind anything up to 159/100 is still considered only mild hypertention.

looking4answers
21-11-09, 19:35
Hi and thanks for your inputs. I really appreciate it. I never really worried about BP before this nurse told the doctor that I had high blood pressure and then the doctor told me that I had it and had never been concerned before and wrote it off as white coat syndrome..

But thanks to my wife she called the doctor and ask her to put me back at a lower dose of beta blockers and let us get a home monitor .We have and so far this morning is the best readings of all . Something like an average of 131/81 thats after walking around a bit and smoking.. So guess that maybe the nurse and the doctor were incorrect. I am back on a lower dose and my readings keep getting less and less.. Starting with yesterday ..Thank you both for your input and all this helps ease my fear of keeling over with stroke or something.. Take care and once again thanks..