PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobic New Here

AllyCat
21-11-09, 10:26
Hi everyone
I've been agoraphobic for about 5 - 6 years. I've given up wanting to go out. I get lonely but have my computer to keep me sane.
I also have my dog, Harry. My husband is usually around so it's not all bad.
I have been taking diazepam for donkeys years and having tried to come off them many times with hospitalization, my doctors now say that I will never be totally free of them.
I feel a failure and am angry at myself for my dependency on these pills.
Thanks to anyone who reads this.
Cat

nomorepanic
21-11-09, 10:33
Hi AllyCat

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

barrywin
21-11-09, 11:15
Hi everyone
I've been agoraphobic for about 5 - 6 years. I've given up wanting to go out. I get lonely but have my computer to keep me sane.
I also have my dog, Harry. My husband is usually around so it's not all bad.
I have been taking diazepam for donkeys years and having tried to come off them many times with hospitalization, my doctors now say that I will never be totally free of them.
I feel a failure and am angry at myself for my dependency on these pills.
Thanks to anyone who reads this.
Cat
Dear Cat,
Never feel a failure -- diazepam is highly addictive and there is nothing whatsoever in life that is true about being a success or a failure. What are you basing your feelings on -- are you judging yourself against other peoples standards of success and failure. I'm sure you can do many wonderful things that other people can't. Failure is a bad term we use to wrongly judge ourselves, it's a misleading standard, what you deem a "failure" other people would deem a miracle. It's so easy to be overly critical of ourselves. I'm currently and have been for the last 3 years decreasing "weening" myself off diazepam and I know how difficult it is. Even decreasing 1/2 a tablet at a time seems like what I can only imagine doing cold turkey must be like. Don't be angry at yourself, just accept everything for the time being and things will gradually get easier........
Best wishes,
Barry

Southern_Belle
21-11-09, 17:32
Hi Cat,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. I'm so glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura