PDA

View Full Version : xeristar/duloxetine

moggy
21-11-09, 14:12
Has anybody had these tablets before ?..I was prescribed them yesterday and took one about 4pm , come 7pm i was having hot flushes , felt a bit drunk and quite rstless.. is it normal to have side effects after such a short period of time

KK77
21-11-09, 15:31
It doesn't take long for side effects to appear unfortunately (2-5 hrs depending on the drug), and what you describe is similar to the side effects that I got on duloxetine - only yours seem milder.

But it can take a few weeks for the drug to kick in, as you probably know.

mikl
04-01-10, 17:18
Like all medication some unwanted side effects may occur but in my experience which goes back over many years Duloxetine is worth sticking with. My main problem was itchy skin but it went eventually after many lost nights sleep, which just reminds me could be a side effect too, difficulty sleeping that is.
Now if you come to a decision to stop taking them DO NOT STOP ABRUPTLY you will regret it. What I did in the past just to prove to myself that I could do it was to carefully open the capsule and using a damp cocktail stick dip into the little balls and remove a tiny number. Do this for 2 week's supply. Then do a slightly bigger dip in for the next 2 weeks and so on until you have only a tiny amount left in the las two week's supply. So it may take upto 3 months to get off them but I believe it is the most painless way. Of course this will depend on how long you have been taking them for.I had been on them for several years so it took a little longer. I take them now because when I do on the whole ,I feel near normal whatever that means.As it happens I accidentally forgot to take them for a week and I had a horrendous experience which completely messed up my Christmas.I take a lot of medication for other conditions and the Venlafaxine was missed out.
Hope this is of help to you and others in the same sort of situation.
Best wishes miklX