PDA

View Full Version : Sharing The Memory Of Our Precious Pet For Anyone Interested ...

looking4answers
21-11-09, 20:53
Hi,

I wanted so much to share with anyone interested what our beloved companion was like in life. I happen to make some video last year of her
and her brother playing. I posted it on yahoo videos for anyone to watch .

Thank you for letting me put this here.
(http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/%3Cdiv%3E%3Cobject%20width=)In Memory of Our Beloved Companion Born December 4 (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6466143/16765334) @ Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/)">
In Memory of Our Beloved Companion Born December 4 (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6466143/16765334) @ Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/)

Maj
21-11-09, 22:54
What beautiful dogs! Yes, what a sad loss. You must miss her so much.
Myra x

looking4answers
22-11-09, 01:50
What beautiful dogs! Yes, what a sad loss. You must miss her so much.
Myra x

Thank You Myra, We do miss her so much. Its been a few days now and well her brother is missing her so much .. he is confused as to where she is.

Although my emotions are ok.. im sad.. But tonight watching him has sadden me even further. I hope he will be ok. I tried to talk to my wife about another dog to try to comfort him but she is so sadden by all this she wants to maybe try to give the brother away and the horses as well. Things just don't seem the same without her. Its funny how much a group of animals or individual animals just some how completes a family.

Her loss is great and now it seems so odd here on this place.. Thank you for your comments. God Bless you..

debera
22-11-09, 02:31
aww what a sweet dog. my heart goes out to you. i know what it feel like to lose a dog. its so hearbreaking
debera:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Bill
22-11-09, 03:37
Our labrador was 15 last June. In dog years he's coming up to 83. One back leg has little strength and a front shoulder has a strain so he limps around bumping into things and treading on your feet! He went off his usual food so I tried various things. I know chicken and rice works so out of laziness I decided to try rice krispies!!! I add a little milk, mix in some of his old food together with new food I'd tried previously and a meaty stick to add flavour! I then mix in his tablets and he loves it!!! Doesn't appear to upset his tummy either so I'm just glad to be getting something down him as he's lost weight.

Sadly I can't take him out anymore so let him in the garden as he can't walk far without limping badly and yet he still looks up at me with his happy face wagging his tail, looking to eat whatever I'm having.

He's been my "best friend" since we bought him at 2. He also survived cancer soon after we had him. In the back of my mind though I know he is getting old and he won't go on forever and the thought of not having him to talk to really scares me because I'll feel even more alone without him.

I doubt very much we'll be able to have another dog either because of the costs etc. I try to picture how life will be to try and help me accept what will happen but it still scares me very much.

We have a cat but I just don't how I'll ever replace my loyal faithful friend I can always rely on to give me comfort. I really don't want to go through the pain of losing him, especially as my mother also has an illness which can't be stopped so the thought of being without either of them creates a heavy boulder on my shoulders which I can't find any way to ease. I can't turn to my wife either because of her illness. I would not find any solace from her.

I'd like to finish this post with something uplifting to say but I'm sorry, I can't think of anything because I can't see any hope of avoiding what fate has in store if I'm still around to live through it.

How do you ever replace what is irreplaceble other than to accept what living means? I think if I was happy in my life, pain would be easier to bear but there's no hope of that either because no one can help ease my hurt or dry my tears.

Sorry to be so depressing.:hugs:

Veronica H
22-11-09, 10:57
:bighug1:What beautiful dogs Michael. You must all miss her terribly. Although her death has upset the balance of your family (I include your horses and dog in this) you must allow yourselves time to greave without making big decisions.

Veronicax

nervy-paul
22-11-09, 15:23
Dogs are wonderful and delightful companions, and are best friends in the truest sense of the word. Nothing prepares you for loosing them, and nothing replaces them, they are all so individual. It never goes away, missing them, but eases with time. I made a scrapbook of one of my dogs (a tri-colour collie girl called Bonny - Bon Don) and it is lovely to look back on, and remind yourself of them. I firmly believe I will meet all my wonderful canine friends again, over at rainbow bridge. You are in my thoughts. :hugs:

P.S. Just want to add, a happy birthday to our gone but not forgotten beautiful sable collie Roguey, he would have been 22 today, a gentle rogue. :)

JohnBliss
22-11-09, 17:34
What wonderful dogs -they clearly loved each other to bits. I understand how you must feel as someone who has had six dogs in my lifetime and has lived through the loss of five of them.
I do hope that you will soon come to terms with your tragic loss and will just be left with all of the happy memories
Warmest Regards
John

looking4answers
22-11-09, 21:35
Thank each and everyone of you for caring. It really does hurt alot ,although she seem to live on the edge and being so brave and protecting , I worried that something would happen to her and tried to prepare but suppose you can never be that prepared .. Veronica .. we won't make any decisions that quickly. I know that grief sometmies makes you make decisions you regret in the future ,we will just hang in there. Thanks again to everyone for your kind comments..

kestral
23-11-09, 09:53
its very sad when we lose something as precious as our pets. they are beautiful dogs and i can understand your feelings at this time.animals bring something special into your life and as you say, leave a big gap when there gone. i have a collie and she is the focus of our family.hannah obviously brought a lot of love into your life and made the world a better place while she was with you.
regards alan.

alihud
23-11-09, 12:15
I strongly believe my dogs are all still with me in soul even though i cant see them,i can still feel they are coming out for walks with us and the dogs i have now.Please dont let you other animals go,we have to make the most of precious time with our animals and loved ones.Unfortunately we have to accept we all loose people and animals eventually and it is very very hard but i firmly believe in the soul and thats what helps me deal with it.
Ali xxxxx

looking4answers
23-11-09, 22:32
My wife says she feels her around the property and knows she is still here although we can't see her. I just know it hit me harder than I ever thought possible.I have thought about in the past how vunderable each and every one of us is.. But knowing things were going ok and all of a sudden she is gone it makes me think about all of us. I haven't felt well since she died and I suppose it has to do with anxiety and depression about her.. Thanks again for your kind comments and caring.

lindajane1971
24-11-09, 13:15
So so sorry for your loss xxx i know how you are feeling, i lost my beloved 14 yr old Labrador Tasha September 28th, she was coughing a wee bit so i took her for a x-ray and the vet discovered a large tumour in her tummy that had spread with 3 other tumours in her chest. which were un-opearable. she was ok in herself but the vet said there was nothing could be done and that with the size of them she maybe had 3 months left, which would be painfull, so i took the agonising decision to let her go while she was under anaesthetic for the x ray. She was such a wonderful dog that i couldnt wake her up just so she could go through a few months of pain.
Losing a pet is just as traumatic as losing a relative, (sometimes more painful) and i had a terrible few weeks to begin with. I feel a wee bit better now that her ashes are back withe me, and i took a paw print from her to frame along with her picture and it gives me some comfort.
I did get myself another labrador recently, and it has helped me a lot, as she is the same breed/colour its woken some great memories of when my Tasha was a pup and this litte devil has made me smile again with her antics!!!!!
This site helped me a bit to cope with my pain,
http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/BathNES/environmentandplanning/animalwelfare/Dogs/Copingwithdeathofdog.htm
also you could leave a message on this online memorial site
http://www.petmemorialplace.com/cemetery.php?typeid=1&type=Free Member&cem_id=1

ro44
24-11-09, 15:36
Michael,

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. I had two mini schnauzers, Pretty Boy and Heidie. They had been mates for years before I got them from a friend when they were 7 and 8 years old. They had many puppies together. When I got them they had already been fixed and they were always together. I put them outside to potty one cold December night about 4 years ago now. Heidie came back to the door but Pretty Boy didn't. I found him comatose. He had been attacked by a coyote that jumped our fence. (we didn't know what had got to him until a few days later when I saw coyotes running behind our fence and looking toward the house) I guess I scared the coyote off when I opened the door to let Heidie in. Pretty Boy had a pulse but other than that he looked gone. We rushed him to the vet but he had a punctured lung and they kept trying to revive him. The vet said he had been without oxygen and was probably suffering so we had him put down. I still cry about it.

After that, Heidie did seem lost without him for a while. We kept her indoors from then on and gave her lots of extra attention. She soon was alright. About a year later though she started going blind and deaf. A year and a half ago I had her put down because she was so blind she was running into everything, hurting herself. She lost control of her pottying and really had no quality of life. She was 16.

I miss them both and still cry alot about Pretty Boy. I know your pain. Don't rush into any decisions right now. You have to grieve. It will get easier but for me the pain has never completely gone away. It is easier with Heidie than with Pretty Boy. I still cringe when I see pictures of coyotes. (no offense to your forum pics, lol)

I got a new schnauzer 6 weeks ago. I said I would never get another dog, but I did. He is now 4 months old. I made a smaller fenced area up by my house for him and don't let him go outside without someone with him. Our neighbor actually saw a coyote the other day during the day.

Your other dog will be fine, it needs to grieve also. Maybe you could think about getting another playmate for him or her.

Sorry I posted so long. I understand your pain.

Ro