PDA

View Full Version : HPV worries. Sharing a drink!

LaNae
21-11-09, 23:47
I have a friend who has had cervical cancer. She is ok now, but obviously has high-risk HPV.

Without thinking, I shared a drink with her, wine. I drank from a different area (I think) cos I... well, I am a hypochondriac! And as soon as I get home, I am thinking "oh my God. What if she also has it in her mouth? Can it pass to mine? What if I get mouth cancer, or give my boyfriend mouth cancer?"

So I look on Google and strangely enough find hardly anything. The only tidbits I find are from an annoyingly vague article about the rise of oral cancer being linked to oral sex and one doctor saying they can't rule out the transmission between kissing, sharing a drink or a spoon.

So, I panic.

But then I think, everyone shares drinks, right? At SOME point. And kisses people. And what about in church when they drink wine from cups?

What do you think guys? You know what it's like... I am trying to be sensible... but I am shaking from worry!

joyce1980
22-11-09, 00:01
It takes skin to skin contact to catch the virus, therefore you would need to have DIRECT skin to skin contact with the INFECTED AREA (the genital/anal area)

So there is no way you would catch the virus that way.

Hope this helps:)

LaNae
22-11-09, 00:04
It takes skin to skin contact to catch the virus, therefore you would need to have DIRECT skin to skin contact with the INFECTED AREA (the genital/anal area)

So there is no way you would catch the virus that way.

Hope this helps:)

Does this change your mind :(

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=6034244&page=1

This is what set me off on one!

joyce1980
22-11-09, 00:11
Hmmm yes I wonder where that woman PUT HER MOUTH :ohmy::blush:

Since people kiss when out clubbing and share drinks while drunk, use public toilets ALL the time, there would be plenty of evidence of this kind of thing.
They are just speculating

Seriously don't worry, just don't share anymore drinks as this seems to cause you worry and you dont need that :hugs: