PDA

View Full Version : Finally introducing myself :)

B-gal
22-11-09, 00:58
Hi everyone,

Just joined a couple weeks ago and didnt realise you could do a wee introduction. I might admit something thats very very embarrassing.......the thing which cause my health anxiety to start... People might laugh, I have to laugh at myself because its sooo totally ridiculous. Some of you might watch the show Hollyoaks, and I dont know if any of you saw the episodes which were on later at night. But they did a scene which really badly effected and disturbed me. It was the scene where sarah barnes dies. I know it sounds totally ridiculous but the way they did it was sooo disturbing and the fact they made the image of her knowing that she was meeting her death so real. It started with me freaking out about how scary it would be to know you were going to die and then slowly progressed onto health anxiety. I do have some symptoms of stuff which Im getting tested for, but before watching this Id never have worried about it so badly before.

So anyways thats me and my very strange story..... Im 23 and while all my thoughts of this silly (but very well directed) scene are completely out of my head, there remains a worry about dying which Im annoyed at myself for worrying about. However this fear only seems to manifest itself with regard to my health deteriorating.

People on here have been so helpful to me and I will try my best to make all you guys feel better

:)
xxx
xx
x

nomorepanic
22-11-09, 01:00
Hi lkirkp15

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Southern_Belle
22-11-09, 17:07
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. I'm so glad you found us. You can introduce yourself anytime!

Take care,

Laura