PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else in the southwest usa?

looking4answers
22-11-09, 05:22
Its wonderful to have friends all over the world here.. but I was wondering if there are any people in the USA that is close or fairly close to where I live?

At present I live in Colorado 60 miles north of the New Mexico border.. If you live in the USA say hello to me please and especially if you live in the southwest.. Thanks

Mya
27-11-09, 04:05
Hey Michael,

You were so kind to me in my post so I started looking at some of your other posts! I was excited to see you are American! I unfortunately live in the Northeast - probably the ANXIETY EMPIRE OF THE WORLD! I know exactly where you live! My husband and I traveled west last month to Arizona and we stayed in Colorado for a bit. We stayed in Telluride and it was fantastic. I must admit my health anxiety kicked in because of the elevation change. I ended up with migraines and a blood shot eye from the pressure and was convinced the entire time I was having a stroke. I wonder if elevation changes like that triggers anxiety? It is surely beautiful there and the people seemed so much more laid back than the east coast! My husband and I grew up here but after going out west we decided we cannot stay here much longer. Look at it this way, even though you may be having a rough time, at least you have a beautiful landscape around you. Out here it is so darn congested and polluted and the people are absolutely ignorant! But, sadly I think most of the country is becoming ignorant - nobody has manners anymore! I wish we lived closer!

looking4answers
27-11-09, 21:08
Hey Michael,

You were so kind to me in my post so I started looking at some of your other posts! I was excited to see you are American! I unfortunately live in the Northeast - probably the ANXIETY EMPIRE OF THE WORLD! I know exactly where you live! My husband and I traveled west last month to Arizona and we stayed in Colorado for a bit. We stayed in Telluride and it was fantastic. I must admit my health anxiety kicked in because of the elevation change. I ended up with migraines and a blood shot eye from the pressure and was convinced the entire time I was having a stroke. I wonder if elevation changes like that triggers anxiety? It is surely beautiful there and the people seemed so much more laid back than the east coast! My husband and I grew up here but after going out west we decided we cannot stay here much longer. Look at it this way, even though you may be having a rough time, at least you have a beautiful landscape around you. Out here it is so darn congested and polluted and the people are absolutely ignorant! But, sadly I think most of the country is becoming ignorant - nobody has manners anymore! I wish we lived closer!

Thanks for replying..One of our daughters lives in Connecticut..along with two of our grandchildren.. We have traveled all over the USA and enjoyed it but we kind of like it here too sometimes.We never really had any problems with elevation.. im surprised but it does tend to cut down on your oxygen a bit but your body adjust to it..It takes awhile but we seem to function ok without it.I worry when we start to travel again ,they say there is a reverse affect of too much oxygen.

We have gone down to about 4000 ft and started feeling tipsy and funny.. We are planning on going down to Louisiana sometime soon so I hope it doesn't make us feel like a stroke.. We have only been out of 8000 ft one time to 4000 ft and ughhhh.. what a rush..Thanks for writing and glad that you said hello and also if you are looking for a new place to call home.. there is plenty of room here in the Valley lol Michael