PDA

View Full Version : Worse panic attack ever

ANXIETY26
13-11-05, 19:58
I had a huge panic attack today which resulted in me phoning the Ambulance. (I have never had to do this before-embarassing actually). I have had many panic attacks over the years but this one really took the biscuit. It started of with me feeling really confused which let to shaking, my body feeling ice cold (which I have'nt had before) my hand were pouring with sweat and I really thought I was going to end up being sectioned. I just did'nt know where to put myself. I have been able to control them in the past but this one has really shaken me up. Has anyone else had an horrific panic attack like this?

Keitharcher
13-11-05, 20:13
Hi

Sorry to hear about your attack, I have had one similiar, I spent the night in hospital thought it was a heart attack. But I am learning slowly that they pass what you need is plenty of hugs and understanding. I have found massess of support from the people on this site. I can only say it will get better and now its over put it behind you it was a blip a clich thats all

Keith

Matt89
13-11-05, 20:18
Yep, I've had one, and probably every one else has had one at some point. My worst one was when I seriously felt like I couldn't breathe, which was really extreme than before and I just couldn't stop shaking.

My Panics have stopped now :D You'll get better over time [^]

Sue K with 5
13-11-05, 20:18
Hi Anxiety

I am sorry you attack was so bad, I have had ones similar to yours, where I literally thought I was going to die in the sam eplace I was standing, I wanted tyo run, but I was too scared to move, I was sweaty I had chest pains and I felt sick and very cold! This is your body telling you your under a lot of pressure and very anxious and your body wants you to slow things down and try to relax! so take you bodies advise! You have not lost it and you never will! These attacks do subside and in time you will be in control again!

This is just one of our setbacks ! We all go through them and you will be fine

Take deep breaths and think positive even when your head is telling you otherwise

Sue with 5

xxxx

scknight

ANXIETY26
13-11-05, 20:58
Thanks guys! Nice of you to take time to reply. I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

marg
13-11-05, 23:34
hi i have had one of them i have had panic attacks for years i could control them but the last one was the worsed i went to a&e had a check up and they said it was a panic attack that was 3months ago and iam scared of going out now i have no confidence waiting to see a cpn nurse take care marg

desperate
14-11-05, 12:24
Hi Anx26,

Sorry to hear about that, how are you feeling now?

Might be your body getting used to meds still?

Do u think the thought about being sectioned maybe made it worse? which btw you won't be!

Sarah

Piglet
14-11-05, 13:01
My first one six years ago was a humdinger!!!

I think you are being very cool about it and its great that you know that was what it was, as thats half the battle!!

Love Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Sue K with 5
14-11-05, 13:02
Just to back up what Desperate said eariler

They do not section people who have anxiety and panic attacks! I asked them once !

Thought the holiday might do me good

The said no way! I had to be completely crazy - I am no good at acting so I failed !

This will get better -

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

chucklehound
14-11-05, 13:25
Hi Anxiety, I am sorry to hear about your panic attack!

I hope that you are feeling better again now hun![^]

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

lainey
14-11-05, 13:54
Hi there

I do hope you are feeling better today after your panic attack,these episodes will subside I promise you.

Take care

Elaine x

Meg
14-11-05, 14:16
Glad this one has passed and you're feeling better .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

bluebottle
14-11-05, 15:35
I'm feeling terrible today, and this made me smile. Thanks Sue.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
They do not section people who have anxiety and panic attacks! I asked them once !
Thought the holiday might do me good
The said no way! I had to be completely crazy - I am no good at acting so I failed !

scknight

<div align="right">Originally posted by susan Knight - 14 November 2005 : 13:02:10</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

wavey
15-11-05, 00:45
Sorry to hear about the panic attack.

I know it's not easy to do, but try not to let your body fool you. It's just adrenalin. Your body can't constantly produce these feelings so they will pass.

Try to find the energy to let the panic subside and don't give it the time of day. If you can stop being afraid of these feelings you have this thing beaten.

Here's something I try - think of the "terrifying" thoughts you had with the panic attack when you aren't having a panic attack. They suddenly seem unimportant. This also makes you realise that there's 2 seperate things happening. 1) you are getting the symptoms of adrenalin 2) you are making them seem worse by what you are thinking.

Hope this helps.
Davey

lotus
16-11-05, 17:15
There were sooo many occasions when I felt so desperate that I wanted to call for help... I know what it's like to feel helpless, in danger, alone, vulnerable, and after that to feel ashamed because you have not managed to control yourself and to deal with the situation on your own. I hope you're feeling better now after the attack has passed.

I think all of us realise how irrational out fears are. We know we won't faint/die/go crazy, but at the moment when we have an attack, we don't feel like we're safe. Our mind is telling us, "it's just an attack, you're OK, you're safe", but our body is telling us the opposite - "something terrible is happening, you are not OK, something's wrong". Then the mind dwells on that and we get the vicious circle turning. The solution, I suppose, is to learn how to achieve complete control over our body and sensations. Like most things, it's easier said than done.

Another thing is that we've had many panic attacks, and we've survived them successfully. Logically, after we've experienced "the worst", we should be calm and convinced that nothing worse can happen to us. However, I think that most of us always worry that the next panic attack may be even worse than our worst one. And each time we have an attack, we think "what if this time this is it, I survived so many times, but what if this time I don't ...". Unfortunately, I have no idea how we can deal with that issue.

Meg
16-11-05, 17:52
'what if this is it this time thoughts' (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4694)

The Battle that Rages in my Head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4149)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

missunderstood
22-11-05, 22:43
Lotus you have just completely summed up all my feelings in ur last reply. However much i try to reassure myself nothing's wrong the feelings just keep on coming. it's nice to know i'm not the only one feeling this way, sometimes i feel like no one understands and i'm going crazy!

So glad i joined this site :)