PDA

View Full Version : Hiya new here

jacqui03
22-11-09, 12:20
Hi All

I have suffered with panic attacks for years now but had them more or less under control until last month. I suffer with agoraphobia but was doing really well managed to hold down a job and get out and about. Now I find myself back at square one which I find very upsetting as I worked so hard to overcome this problem. I am currently not able to get to work so now my job is on the line and am not able to leave the house unless someone goes with me.

Jacqui

diane07
22-11-09, 12:21
Hi jacqui03

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

barrywin
22-11-09, 12:25
Hi Jacqui,

Sorry to hear that the anxiety has come back, do you have any idea what triggered it off? Are you taking any medication for it? I would love to know how you beat the anxiety feelings in the past as I suffer terribly with anxiety, depression and am now slowly becoming agrophobic.
Best wishes,
barry

jacqui03
22-11-09, 14:05
Hi Barry

I think the trigger was when I went on holiday, which was a huge achievement for me. I had panic attacks going to the airport and on the plane. I was ok on my holiday but when I got back and was on my way to work I was hit by a massive panic attack from there it was all down hill, managed to get to work but had to come home as the panic would not subside.

I over came it in the past by gradually exposing myself to situations that made me feel anxious. Eventually I wasnt affraid of panic attacks anymore and then they just started to fade away slowly. It was hard work and took along time and I cant believe where I find myself again now.

Jacqui