PDA

View Full Version : Poem I wrote

charlotte83
22-11-09, 12:55
I wrote this a long time ago and found it on a disc yesterday, just thought I would share it :) xxxxxxxx its called Fear...

Fear is inescapable, it chases you, follows you, stalks you.
Every choice you make must be decided by fear,
You want to do something, you really want to do something but,
Fear, it stops you in your tracks, makes you stay with it instead of being somewhere you really want to be.

Tormenting, it feels as if fear will always win. You feel angry at yourself for giving into it, just for that feeling of relief, that temporary feeling of calm.
Fear is musty and dark, it skulks away in corners waiting for its moment to pounce, waiting, waiting waiting…
Then its there. It see’s you happy, excited, about to do something good for yourself, and it emerges to grind you down……….further and further…. until you give into it. It laughs. Again you have given in.

The thing is, fear is a fragile creature. You think it controls you, you think its dark menacing grin is a sign of its power. It’s not.
It grins to cover its own insecurity; its cloak covers its feeble little body. It knows that YOU control it but wants to fabricate an elaborate, sneaky con. Will you keep falling into its trap?

Fear is an invention, a creation based on “what ifs”. The only way to overcome fear is to realize that its power is fed by you. You cannot control it by jumping right in and tackling it face to face. This drains your energy, your spirit, and means you will ultimately just end up giving in. Fear will put up a good fight.

You must work with fear and understand it also has worries.
Its frightened that you will unveil its mask, see that your concerns are magnified by it to seem impossible to face.
Running away will just mean more chasing, more running, more chasing, until….
You’re tired; you fall at fears feet and promise not to stray from it again.

Fear doesn’t like logic; it loathes comforting hugs and reassuring words. It worries, bites its nails and ultimately sulks when it hears gentle encouragement. Fear will never completely disappear but it may get bored when it realizes you don’t want to know anymore. Eventually, peace and calm will control fear, make it behave; make it find some other form of amusement.

london
22-11-09, 14:12
thats very very good

Veronica H
22-11-09, 14:41
:yesyes::bighug1:You are a very wise old owl in a young persons body!This is very good and so true.

Veronica

charlotte83
23-11-09, 12:15
Thank you :) it helped me a lot when I wrote it. xxx

fishman65
23-11-09, 16:37
That's an excellent poem Charlotte :) I was wondering....what if there was a poetry forum in its own right?I've got quite a few poems knocking about.

Fishy

charlotte83
24-11-09, 11:24
Thats a good idea or maybe a creative writing/forum group. I used to be a part of a creative writing group where they had themes or titles you had to work with, was quite therapuetic!

fishman65
25-11-09, 15:23
Hmm,maybe a word to the powers that be do you think? :)

Kerrigan
25-11-09, 20:10
Excellent! V. Inspiring.

It makes me realise that fear is self-generated. The more you 'give' it in time, thought, focus, sense, attention, discussions, anticipation, avoidance of 'life' etc the more it will destroy you.

I've found that with my 'pure o' problem, the best thing to do is NOT think about it which of course is easier said than done.

candee86
25-11-09, 20:34
Well Done Charl!! Thats really really good :yesyes:

Candy xxxx :hugs: