PDA

View Full Version : Periods Are Getting Worse!!

Purple Fish
22-11-09, 14:51
Hi,

Yet again I am suffering from another horrendous period! Heavy bleeding, sore breasts, spots, dreadful moods, (inc depression, worthlessness etc) stomach cramps.

I saw my doc a couple of weeks ago to explain things and he put me on water tablets. I can`t take them anymore they`re dreadful! They make me so thirsty and wee all the time!

I`m going to ring my doc`s tomorrow and make an app to see a female doctor. My periods are getting worse each month! They`re certainly not getting any better!

I had a coil (Mirena) in for 3 years from 2001 to 2004 and it was marvellous! NO PERIODS!! Maybe I should have it again? I didn`t get any menstrual symptoms with it either!

Tanya x :unsure:

Bluebelle
22-11-09, 22:20
I had horrific periods- I was scared of them every month I never know if I was going to live through them they were that horrible. I could feel the terror welling up inside whenever I was getting close to my days.
I am a vegan ( no animal products at all) and as part of my routine physical I explained to my GP about my near death experiences with my period. I had full bloodwork and it came back showing a severe shortage of iron. I was put on supplements and the change was DRASTIC !!
I was still terrified and dreading my period but when it came it was easy, painless- it was a miracle !
Maybe have your GP check your iron levels as this could be the problem.
Take Care-Blue

Purple Fish
23-11-09, 07:31
Hi,

I have had blood tests - the most recent one being 3 weeks ago and everything was fine. I wonder if it could be my age? I`m nearly 37. Oh well, we`ll see what a second opinion at the docs brings.

Tanya

amandaj
23-11-09, 12:14
i feel for you cos the older ive got the worse mine have got i dread it really bleedibng heavy this time and i take iron tablets daily hope you get it sorted out soon by the way im 40 so it def could be my age

Purple Fish
02-12-09, 07:43
I`ve got an appointment with a female doctor this morning so I`ll let you know how I get on!

Tanya x

jue67
02-12-09, 08:50
Hi
im the same, i was short of iron so take them twice daily now from 3 times daily, i went for the mirena fitting last week but chickened out as soon as she showed me the consent form and what could go wrong, they were crap with me really so im back to where you are, awaiting the return, but at least i know ive made a choice, i wonder if i didnt have health anxiety would i have let them put it in!!
hope your okay

jools

Ruby94
02-12-09, 09:41
Ive been on for 10 days now.
Really heavy bleeing, cramps, pains, nausea.
feels horrible

Purple Fish
02-12-09, 19:54
Hey,

Been to the docs, she suggests I carry on with the Prozac (Fluoxetine) one every day. She`s also happy for me to try the Mirena coil so I just need to wait for an appointment to have it fitted.
I feel much better for seeing her as she is very good and understood all my monthly symptoms! She said it`s basically down to getting older and the fact that this makes the hormones change.

Tanya x

Alisonj
02-12-09, 23:41
I had horrible ones after the birth of my daughter in 2007. I became anemic and they could not get my iron back up. So in October I finally gave in and had a hysterectomy. I was 33 and didnt want the menopause yet so I kept my ovaries. Best thing I ever did. I did have an increase in my anxiety after the surgery for abit but things are levelling out now.

Purple Fish
11-12-09, 07:49
I`m having the Mirena coil fitted in the new year. I`m coming up for my period at the moment and over the last couple of days I`ve felt agitated, floaty, fed up and moany!

Hopefully the coil will give me some relief, can`t wait!

Lilybell
17-12-09, 05:03
I Have Had Horrific Periods .. To The Point Where I Would Lie In The Shower For Hours Screaming .. It Was Hell.

The Doctor Recently Put Me On A Mini Pill Called Noriday .. It Has Made Them Just Soo Much Better .. There Is Only A 10% Chance It Will Improve Them Though But It May Be Something You Could Try?

Also Check This Out .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_dysphoric_disorder
.. It Was A Big Eye Opener For Me.

Hope This Helps :)

peach
17-12-09, 10:11
my periods have been getting progressivly worse over the last 4-5 years. im 35. i spoke to my doc about it about 2 years ago, and she just said it happens to all women as we age.....

aging is very cruel if you ask me.

i have been told the pill is good for ladies who find it unbareable.

good luck with it, and even tho im not due to have a period for the next 6 months, im still scared of when it will come....