PDA

View Full Version : 23 years ago today..

belle
22-11-09, 15:36
...as an 11 year old, i found my grandmother dead while i was alone in the house with her.

My mother had gone out for dinner that evening and when she came home, she couldn't unlock the door. Gran always use to take the key out of the door so mum could get in. She banged on my window with the clothes prop to wake me up, i got out of bed and as i came through the kitchen, i saw my gran dead in the utility room. She'd died of a massive heart attack, her aorta had burst at the age of 79.

I was SO close to her...so, so close.

I wonder sometimes if going through that as a young girl has effected me and my state of mind as it is today?

Anyway...i'll never forget her....

x

KK77
22-11-09, 16:37
I too lost a loved one at the age of 11. It was very traumatic and perhaps these sorts of life experiences affect us in negative ways, but I believe they can also give us an inner strength and an ability to empathise with others that also suffer such losses and sorrow. TC X

magpie girl
22-11-09, 18:20
i was in bed with my mum when she finally slipped away, i was 3 years old.I still remember everything and i am 38yrs old now.I do think this is one of the reasons i have health anxiety.:weep::weep::weep:i still miss her and i mourn the loss of growing up without a mother

DeMac
22-11-09, 18:55
Hi Belle sorry to hear of your loss - same sympathies to the other members. I too lost a loved one - his passing has had a profound effect on my life. 18yrs ago in August early hrs of the Sunday morning I had been staying with my Mum to help look after my Dad I had checked on him at 1.30am he was fine - I checked on him again 2 hrs later to discover to my horror he had began to haemmorage. I was tryin to console and comfort my Dad couldn't manage to call any other members of the house as I didn't want to frighten him in anyway. Sadly that was how his life ended. My fear of blood has intensified since then - I miss my dad every single day but I know he's in a happier place and one day we will all be reunited.

kazzie
23-11-09, 10:19
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Kaz x x x:bighug1:

Veronica H
23-11-09, 16:23
Hi Belle, Melancholia, Magpie and De...so sorry that you all had to go through this.:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Veronica

looking4answers
24-11-09, 06:37
Im very sorry .. and yes its quite a shock and trauma for a young girl. I never found any one dead before accept one of my horses but I did talk to my mom the morning she died 400 miles away and the night before to my brother that died the next morning at 7am at age 44 and he was almost 400 miles away ,ill never forget either.. Sorry for your loss and the trauma .. Michael