PDA

View Full Version : Was it indigestion - really scared :(

deb141
22-11-09, 18:36
Its been a long while since i last posted on here, as i have been doing really well.
I woke up in the early hours of this morning with horrendous chest pain, it was all across my chest and in my neck. It got to the stage where i woke my boyfriend as i was so scared. I did not have any pains in my arms and i did not go hot and clammy, but i was panicking. I really thought something bad was going to happen and even contemplated phoning an ambulance. Anyway i wondered if maybe it was indigestion as i had eaten a huge tea of chinese and rice. I did not have the usual burning/acid sensation just the massive pain. I was convinced i was gonna have a heart attack at one point, i don't know what stopped me calling for help. Eventually the pain grew less and i was able to fall back asleep.
Today i have pain like an ache on the left side of my chest and my neck and shoulder feel like i have pulled a muscle.
I know i have droned on a bit, but i would like to see what others think. Has anybody else experienced this ?.

Thanks so much

skippy66
22-11-09, 18:39
Yes. More than once.

You probably pulled a muscle in your sleep, or just had an esophageal spasm caused by the spicy food.

Don't worry about it (easier said than done)

gypsywomen
22-11-09, 18:52
sorry but if the pain was as bad as you say i would see doctor for check ,, if it had been indigestion you wouldn't still have it ,, i cant say it is a pulled muscle, i honestly think you should have it checked just to make sure . i am not going to say its nothing or panic ,but sure its nothing bad ,ps i was nurse 15 years ,

Alisonj
22-11-09, 18:57
I had the same thing happen to me the other night. I went to the ER and had all the testing done and it came back ok but I am still terrified about the whole event. I hope it was nothing serious and you are feeling better.

gypsywomen
22-11-09, 19:00
I had the same thing happen to me the other night. I went to the ER and had all the testing done and it came back ok but I am still terrified about the whole event. I hope it was nothing serious and you are feeling better.you did the right thing alison