PDA

View Full Version : What to Say when you Talk to Yourself!

tygwyn
13-11-05, 21:15
I have just been reading ‘What to say When you Talk to Yourself’ by Shad Helmstetter and thought some of you might be interested in this (those who don’t already have the book that is!).

Basically it teaches ‘what you think – so you shall be’ (and god we are all thinkers on here aren’t we?!! LOL)

It is all about replacing those negative thoughts with good, positive thoughts, the new thoughts being based in the present, and assuming that the changes have already taken place. This is then apparently teaching your mind what you want yourself to become. These are the examples from the book which are all aimed specifically at ‘Freedom from Worry’. You need to keep reading these to yourself daily – or failing that record yourself saying them and play the tape while you’re getting ready for work etc. You may not be aware of listening to it, but your unconscious mind will be!

I do not worry. I am in control of my thinking and I think only those thoughts which create and fulfil the best in me.

My mind is constantly in tune with the positive. It is bright, cheerful, enthusiastic, and full of good, positive thoughts and ideas.

I am able to relax easily and comfortably in my body and in my mind. I am calm, confident, and self-assured.

My mind is orderly and well organized. I consciously choose what I think and I always choose those thoughts which are the most positive and beneficial for me.

All of thoughts create healthiness within me.

My mind dwells only on those thoughts which create more harmony, balance, and well being within me and in the world around me.

I automatically, and always, think in a decisive and determined way.

I am full of resolution and the absolute assurance of the best possible outcome in everything that I do.

I choose to look at the world around me in the bright, healthy light of optimism and self-assurance.

I do only those things which are best for me. I create the best within myself, I attract the best in others, and I find the best in the world around me.

I willingly, and without fail, take care of the duties and obligations which I have accepted for myself.

I commit only to those responsibilities which I know I can fulfil.

I focus the attention of my mind only on those things that I can do something about. If I cannot affect it or direct it – I accept it.

I keep my mind too busy thinking good, healthy, positive, constructive, and productive thoughts to ever have any time for worry.

I control the thoughts I choose. No thought, at any time, can dwell in my mind without my approval or permission.

I never worry!

I hope this can help someone on here – I’m planning on having a good go at it myself. I know there is only one thing keeping me in the state I am in and that is me, my thoughts and my fears!

Take care all

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

jill
13-11-05, 21:33
Hi Rach,

When I first came to this site I was suffering PA's high anxiety and living in fear 24/7. I have learned soooo much thorugh this site I
am now panic and high anxiety free [^]

Its a long story but I have found out I have been suffering GAD all by life. I am even making progress on this [^] I have this site and all the special people on her to thank for my progress [^]:D

All my life I have talked to myself in the wrong way.
I know by printing this off and reading over and over will help me move
on even more.

Thank you sooo much for sharing

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door

tygwyn
13-11-05, 21:42
Jill I'm so glad you liked it. You'll never believe this but as I was typing it up I thought 'I bet Jill will like this'!! LOL How freaky is that?!

Well done on your recovery. You are doing absolutely brilliantly!

Take care

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

jill
13-11-05, 21:56
LOL Rach, that is freaky [:P]

I must admit when I first came to this site a thread like this would have gone straight over my head, I was to busy trying not to fear the panic and the high anxiety attacks.
I never give it a thougt about my everyday thinking, just how negative I was about everythinking.

If I practice long and hard enough I know it will help with my confidance and I WILL be able to reply to post on here.

Oh look, its working already, I'm replying to a thread LOL :D:D[^]

Thanks again Rach

LOVE JILLXXX

lainey
14-11-05, 07:50
Thanks for that Rach, I am going to print it off too, as it is only my thoughts that hold me back now too.
I might even buy the book.

Jill, you are doing so well, before long your confidence will be soaring..

Take care

Elaine x

Meg
14-11-05, 08:58
Its an excellent book and one that I used an awful lot during my recovery.

You can get to it via our reading page.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
14-11-05, 10:02
Meg recommended this book to me back in April and I too think its great!

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

mazz
14-11-05, 12:34
my printer is running out of ink pmsl but iam writing it down cheers rach your a star hunny luv mazz x

Sue K with 5
14-11-05, 13:10
Hi Rach

Thanks you I have just ordered the book! I have been looking for something like this and its perfect

Take care for now and any more books you come across keep me posted

Sue with 5

scknight

deez
14-11-05, 13:15
Thank you very much Rach, I will print that too :)