PDA

View Full Version : my head keeps shaking

pinkcherryhearts
22-11-09, 18:59
hello
ive been really worried about a tremor that keeps making my head shake, its really embarassing and im scared it might be a sign that im developing parkinsons, even my dad noticed it and asked me if i was cold and when i said no, he said why does your head keep shaking, im so paranoid about it and im constantly thinking about it and worry that people will notice:weep: anyone else had this
pink x

cassy1989
22-11-09, 20:42
Hello.

I bet this is happening where you are constantly thinking about it!

It sounds to me like a nervous twitch. When I start secondary school I was very stressed out by the whole thing and I developed a nervous twitch. I was constantly wrinkling my nose and I honestly couldn't control it but people were always noticing it! I found that once my stress levels had gone down a bit I stopped doing it but sometimes even now (9 years on) if I get stressed people notice I am doing it.

You could have a chat with your doctor about some relaxation techniques and try as hard as you can to try to forget about it xx

looking4answers
22-11-09, 22:08
Back in my thirties I had this..I had all kinds of physicals since then but it went away and the only thing I can attribute it to..is nervous tension .. I hated it . Im not sure anyone ever noticed it but I DID and it bothered me forever. then it just disappeared over the time ,I guess I just relaxed.. Hope you feel better.. Im pretty sure its just tension .. Take care