PDA

View Full Version : Where have my arms gone?!

Historienne
22-11-09, 19:57
Does anyone feel like their arms have disappeared??? Had this once before when I was bad and it gradually went but it's come back. Its such a bizarre feeling... they still work perfectly well, go to where I want them etc. but I sometimes have to loo kto make sure they're still there??? My left arm is worse than my right....If I hold my arms above my head its like I'm not even holding them in the air. Hope it goes soon.... also... keep feeling like I'm on a boat when I'm stading/walking... very dizzy, distorted steps etc.

cassy1989
22-11-09, 20:32
Hello

When I am going through bad anxiety spells I always get this. It feels like my arms have gone, I can't feel them but can still get them to do what I want them to do. Also I used to get that when I was falling asleep it would suddenly feel like my arms had dissapeared aswell.

It is very scary but honestly it is normal xx

Historienne
22-11-09, 20:37
Oh good.... Its the weirdest feeling though... I hate it! Makes me feel all disorientated. I also feel kinda numb down my right side, even though I'm not! Had that symptom since the beginning of my anxiety problems though. Ty for your reply xx

cassy1989
22-11-09, 20:39
It is such a weird feeling. I convinced myself something was seriously wrong with me but my doctor assured me it was a normal symptom when you are anxious and panicky.

The numbness I get aswell. More in my face it sometimes feels numb but when I touch it it feels normal. So odd!

As for the dizziness and feeling like you are standing on a boat then that is definitely anxiety xx

Historienne
22-11-09, 22:07
Do you seem to get worse just before that tiem of the month is due? I do.... must be a hormonal thing!

looking4answers
22-11-09, 22:38
:D at least its not like in the horror movies where your own arm tries to choke you lol

Nope im pretty sure its not hormonal ..Im a guy and I have had that and other weirddddddddddddddddddd sensations all my life. Its you focusing on it to much.

Feeling something and you can't get your mind off of it. I have had this feeling so many times because I have a tendency to put my arm out the window of a car and feel the wind blowing on the shirt sleeve or the vibrations of the car moving down the road for many miles and then get out and start feeling exactly as you described..

I tell you what.. You could just about name any weird sensation and I have had it.

The other night I was laying on my left side using the computer and noticed that my right leg and right arm felt weird.. My firs thought was its a stroke. then I realized that my left leg and arm had been under the cover and my right ones out.. Its like a memory sensation .. You notice because of a minor sensation that doesn't mean anything and then you focus on it..

Just anxiety thats all no worries .take care