PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Hot Rod
23-11-09, 00:08
Hello, Everyone!

My name is Judy and I live in North Texas in a small town. I am a 41 year old librarian. (no, not the stodgy, uptight stereotype lol)

My panic disorder started 10 years ago and progressed over the years to a lovely case of agoraphobia in 2002. What absolute hell this condition has been! I fought and stuggled and did alot of great work and got most of my life back by 2006. Still not flying and still struggle with travel but I was functioning. Then, got seriously ill last year and stayed that way for 5 months. Just the opportunity that anxiety was looking for. The prolonged illness retrained my mind to over react to every little health problem, of which a few actually manifested. Then, I relapsed and while the GAD had become an everyday problem, the relapse has brought out alot of the agoraphobia again. Oh, the grief of having to battle through this again.

So, here I am, fighting my way out... again. However, am much, much wiser this time, too!

Am enouraged to have found this site and am looking forward to perusing all the great resources I see on here!

diane07
23-11-09, 00:11
Hi Hot Rod

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

mandyclare
23-11-09, 08:10
Hi Judy... welcome to NMP.. glad you found us : )

Mand x

Veronica H
23-11-09, 09:10
:welcome:to NMP. You overcame this once and will do so again. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

labamba
23-11-09, 14:28
Hi

Welcome to the site I hope it aids your recovery.

jacqui03
23-11-09, 16:54
Hi Welcome

I know the feeling going through a relapse myself and I understand the grief of having to fight your way out AGAIN! Oh well, chin up....we can do it xxx