PDA

View Full Version : Festive Season - Oh No!!

jaggerfan
23-11-09, 07:54
Hi, I have posted before, I have been trying to overcome my problem but it has reared its ugly head again and is likely to get worse during the "festive season" ! I think I will have to become a social recluse after all, although to be honest I don't like social events and am a loner even without my problem. But sometimes you can't get out of them

Ok, go to a dinner or even out for a drink or to a dinner party and am fine, then will suddenly think hot turn and my heart starts being faster and I feel the wave of heat rising up from neck and turn blood red. I think it is because I know I can't just get up and leave if someone is talking to me, I am trapped.

I know it is not abig thing, hey I have survived cancer 3 times, but I hate people thinking I am a shy, shrinking violet when i am a very strong deterined person but not strong enough to stop this happening it seems.

I don't know whether to go to the doctors and get some dixarit (blood pressure treatment) which my cancer consultant once gave me, it stops the blood vessels dilating or something like that or to try hypnotherapy or whether to try and avoid all such situations!

Hope this makes sense, thanks for any help!

kazzie
23-11-09, 09:46
Hi:D

I sympathise with you:hugs:

I have so much to do over the Xmas period Im in a stew already:doh:

One thing I do know is avoidance isent an option.....it just feeds the beast:lac:

I have decided to take each day as it comes and not worry about tomm

Good Luck

Kaz x:hugs:

gypsywomen
23-11-09, 10:00
same here i haven't had company at Christmas for 3 tears ,but this year decided it wasn't going to stop me so throwing boxing day party for family and friends ,just got to ,,sick of putting things off because of anxiety

nervy-paul
23-11-09, 12:01
I too am not looking forward to christmas. It hasn't had that 'magical' feel for many years now. I dread it coming along, you get happy smiley people shoved in your face from all the adverts and the christmas tv specials from October onwards. It is a real stress and strain for those on low incomes and for those who have lost loved ones around this time. My Mum died two days after my birthday in early January :weep: Which will be four years ago next year, and the huge gap in your life never goes away. I'm sorry to be so depressing and 'bah humbug' about it all, but I'm sure I can't be the only one who cringes at the thought of it all? :shrug: