PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain

superjonboy
23-11-09, 11:31
I'm strugglng today with a pain in my chest.

I've been to the doctors this morning as I had to have a medication revue. I told her I was worried about things like brain tumor e.t.c but she assured me it's not the case.

I hd a bad do yesteray where I found it hard to breathe but this went away later on asI became calmer.

My blood pressure was normal yesterday so do people think it's highly unlikely it could be the start of heart disease/attack.

I'm trying to convince myself because I've been so tense that it's most likely a muscular thing where I've been tense in my chest.
I'm 28 but i'm quite overweight but as I said my bp is normal and I did a cholesterol test not all that long ago which was perfect.

John.

mandyclare
23-11-09, 11:34
Hiya John....

Im sorry you havent been feeling well... seems like you have had extra anxiety/stress this week with the doctors appointments so my guess would be this chest pain is a reaction to that. Overweight or not at 28 the chance of you having a heart attack if your heart is structually normal is almost zero. I could do with losing weight too so don't take this wrong but I bet you anything if you could focus your attentions on weight loss and excercise not only would you feel and look a lot better but the focus would probably take over from the anxiety and give you a new lease of life.

All the best
Mand x

superjonboy
23-11-09, 15:36
I'm just so scared at the minute.

I feel awful.

I keep trying to do my thought records from CBT but I just can't find good evidence against my worries. I'm convinced I'm slowly dying from 'something'.

I keep crying a lot too because I'm so scared I think and down because the symptoms are so scary.

I just want to be normal so I can enjoy my life and do the things I used to enjoy again. I love my wife to bits but I know I must be a hell of a drain on her at the minute.

John.

debs180
23-11-09, 16:07
Hi John,
I too am suffering with niggly pains in my chest at the moment, mine are mainly on the left, mainly over my breast area, they are hard to describe, but they feel like a tightening accompained with abit of pain, which at times make me want to sort of massage the area. Im also having abit of pain in my upper back as well, so of course like u im worrying about all sorts, and being a smoker and slightly over weight too........ my ratoinal thoughts are pushed to 1 side.
Sorry this isnt of any help to you in the slightest but just wanted you to know that you arent alone with any of your feelings.
Take care, and i hope you start to feel better soon.

Debs x

superjonboy
23-11-09, 16:11
Thanks, you too Debs.

I think my pains might be from being sick or from that wretch before being sick.

I guess if it were anything more serious it wouldn't go away when I laid down.

John x

B-gal
23-11-09, 22:12
Hi there,

I had some trouble with chest pain a week or so ago. It felt like someone was crushing my chest and hurt when I breated in at the front and back of my chest and sort of at what would be the top of my lungs.... but I came on here and found out its a symptom of anxiety.. Im waiting on blood tests and I think I was just tensed up and worried. But as soon as I realised it was anxiety it disappered. Chest pain is such as strange and worrying feeling but Im sure you are just anxious. Ive not had anything since, until I think about it, so I breath deep and slow for as long as it takes to disappear, and it goes. I hope you feel better :hugs:

xx