PDA

View Full Version : So hard to get up and do anything

tommo
23-11-09, 15:33
Hi all ... I've been on Fluro for a few weeks after coming off Cit .... I'm fairly brighter than I was, but can not be bothered to do anything , just seems so much effort to just clean the car or make a meal etc... Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing a similar problem..??

munkeyinblack
23-11-09, 20:23
i know exactly how your feeling staying in bed always seems such an attractive option!! but saying that its important to keep going and force yourself. You start feeling proud of all the small things you can achieve and that makes you want to do more. Do you have anyone around to support you and spur you on ?
Munkey x

Maj
23-11-09, 20:41
I agree, just try and make yourself do it and you'll feel better eventually. If you were to lie in bed or sit doing nothing you would never feel better. Occupation is the road to recovery no matter how much you don't feel like doing it.
Myra:)

BabyRachel
24-11-09, 02:43
I feel like this right now. I dont want to do anything. Makes you feel really lousy. People dnt rly understand it...

Bill
24-11-09, 03:35
One "possibility" are the side-effects. Like alot of ad's they can actually Cause anxiety, panic attacks and make depression worse. I've just checked and they're all listed. It's Only a possibility though so if you don't feel any better soon, I'd go back to the doctor but you Must NEVER just stop taking meds or you could feel even worse because the body needs time to adjust back to "normal".

I'd also ask yourself another question- Can you think of anything in particular that is making you feel so depressed? If so, treating that cause can be a better solution. If not, you should certainly keep taking meds.:winks:

barrywin
24-11-09, 04:20
Dear Tommo,
I've been feeling exactly the same for MONTHS. Luckily I took the advice of another member -- put on some favourite music and just forced myself to move around energetically for just a couple of minutes. It's now become part of my daily routine and I feel miles better for it. It gets the endorphines going and releases the body's natural "HAPPY" chemicals. Please try and give it a go just once. Let me know if you manage to and how you feel afterwards. Best wishes. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!

tommo
24-11-09, 19:59
Many thanks for the replys guys..... I've started to do a little and often routine... Will keep you up to speed on how it goes...