PDA

View Full Version : LETS BE POSITIVE..........

mirry
14-11-05, 12:35
Hi everyone, thought id post about something more positive
CHRISTMAS!

Or is it postitive ? all those social gatherings and lots of shopping?
HOW DO YOU ALL HANDLE IT ?

I went to my local shops this morning WITH A FRIEND and purchased my kids advent calanders and some cards, most of my gifts i have purchased online.
I want to loose 1/2 a stone by xmas and wondered does anyone want to join me on this ?
Who knows it May distract us all from NEGATIVE thinking.:D

mirryx

Madwoman
14-11-05, 12:40
go on then i'll try, i could do with some moral support i cant diet on my own

madwoman xxx

mirry
14-11-05, 12:47
Hi MADWOMAN

Great , I have just eaten 5 choc eclairs lol.[:P]
Seriously, I am thinking of following the slimming world plan because all my clothes are getting tight and I usually put on weight over the xmas period,. what Plan will you follow ?

mirryx

Madwoman
14-11-05, 12:58
hi gutsy i mean mirry!!

calorie counting i think,

i tried slimming world before and put 7 pounds on the first week he hee!!

1500-1750 calories a day and i will try to cut down drinking in fact it might help me if ive got a mate watch ing me.

i will weigh myself tomorrow (empty stomach)

my clothes are getting tight aswell and i cant afford to buy more and i dont want to buy a bigger size either

love twiggy i mean mads xxxxxx

Sue K with 5
14-11-05, 12:59
Oh Count me in guys I could do with losing some more weight let me know the plan

Sue with 5

scknight

Piglet
14-11-05, 12:59
Mirry hun - I would like to join in the losing half a stone (omg I'm just putting choc in my mouth while typing this).

I have a bar of choc a day and I was thinking to be a bit stronger and cut it to just weekends.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

mirry
14-11-05, 13:10
WOW, we all sound very alike........I feel I comfort eat when i have bad anxiety/panic days (doesnt help being afraid to go out).
----------------------------------------------------
We could all follow what ever eating plan we like, infact it would be good if we could do a variety of different plans to see which one has the best results. I lost 1 stone on the slimming world plan earlier this year and then put 1/2 a stone back on.

Any great recipes we could share would be nice.

mirryx

Wannabeloved85
14-11-05, 13:31
oh christmas!!

jingle bells...joingle bells...jingleall the way...!

Last year was a terrible christmas...this year...? i dont care what the feelings are, what the weather is like...its gonna be brill!
I eat what i like lol always have...but i am only 20!
My sisters also due he baby in about 2 weeks so well have our little reese to look forward to!

As for a new years resolution.... not sure! i always make em...and always brake em!

Take care
Becci x x x

lainey
14-11-05, 13:52
Hi Mirry

You can count me in too, I'm stsrting back to Slimming World tomorrow for the 100th time!!!!!

So I'm eating everyhting I can today, lol!

Take care

Elaine x

Keitharcher
14-11-05, 14:21
Hi

I want to join you in weight loss I have loads to loose lets be positive and thinner together

Keith

Keitharcher
14-11-05, 14:22
Hi

I want to join you in weight loss I have loads to loose lets be positive and thinner together

Keith

dream
14-11-05, 15:22
hi
i would love to join too
i have put on soooooo much weight would love some tips
take care all
denisexx

denise

Madwoman
14-11-05, 15:25
so do we have a plan then?

do we all weigh in tomorrow or what? are we telling each other our weights or do we keep it secret

madsxxx

lainey
14-11-05, 15:59
Ooh!
I think I might have to keep my weight a secret, i've got too much to lose to tell you just yet!!!

Elaine x

rhowes2000
14-11-05, 16:57
I could do with losing a lot more than half a stone but I have to start somewhere! I'll definitely join in, probably go back on SLimming World as that worked for me (green days with chip's, yay!)

As for Christmas I thought I would change my ways, I used to get all the shopping done on Christmas Eve only, this year I have finished already!

kim63
14-11-05, 17:21
count me in iam all ready going to slimming world and have lost just over 2 stone in 12 weeks but being here will also help so just let me know how its going to work and when it would be good if the weight in could be thursday its the day of the club but if not any day ok with me kim x

rhowes2000
14-11-05, 17:27
Blimey Kim you are doing really really well!!! Keep it up. Have you got much to lose to get to your target weight?

mirry
14-11-05, 18:53
what about putting your weight down like this;

*st 9lb

Id prefer to start TOMORROW because now weve commited ourselfs - LETS GET ON WITH THE JOB!

I will post in my "WEIGH IN" TOMMOROW then if ok with you all? make MONDAYS our weigh in day. I think it may help keep us focused over the weekend.

mirryx

rhowes2000
14-11-05, 18:59
I agree the sooner we start the better. As some people are uncomfortable are posting their weight, maybe we could do it like Slimming World (only class i've been to not sure if others do it) where you only post your weight loss or gain. Not your actual weight.

Alice
14-11-05, 19:14
hiya!

Mirry this is a fab idea, i'd love to lose a bit of weight and lose my chubb as i call it lol.

How about we all post our BMI and how much weight we want to lose?

We could have some rules as well, like everyone has to do a little bit of exercise every day, even if its just running up and down the stairs or sit ups etc, and we could post what we've eaten and share recipes etc

hurrah, no i have no excuse not to lose weight, and i give you all permission to yell at me if i eat a doughnut hehe

Alice x

mirry
14-11-05, 19:44
I AM LOOKING FOR FAT FREE DESSERTS....ANY IDEAS ?

mirryx

Alice
14-11-05, 20:01
um, baked apples with raisins and honey?

dream
14-11-05, 20:17
hi mirry
try this one
it is called ETON MESS
360g lo3w fat yogurt
213gcan of blackcurrants in natural juice, drained
290g can of raspberries :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
4 small meringue nests,broken into bite size pieces

gently fold all together ,save some fruit for the top

LOVELY MMMMMMMMMM
this is from weight watchers serves 4 2 and a half points per serving
hope this helps denisexx

denise

Piglet
14-11-05, 22:48
Mirry - I made a start tonight and when the kids had chocolate I didn't buy any for me.

I did have a bit of a sugar moment but put some marmalade on the end of a spoon and ate it very very very slowly - is that good????

Love Piglet :)

Dan
14-11-05, 22:58
hi girls
can i join the club need to lose more than half a stone as when really depressed last year put on 1 1/2 stone at least and havent lost it i comfort eat and as anxiety bad sometimes feel food only pleasure ,however being fat is really getting me down so .... tell me the rules thought idea about posting weight loss or gain each week good but we must make pact to be honest or arrange xmas get together so you will all no i am not 8 stone !!!!!! sorry if post bit moany feel bit like that so losing weight will be just what i need
Dan

lainey
14-11-05, 23:24
Gosh Piglet, you did well.

Tomorrow is the firsy day of the rest of my life, I start Slimming World, I'm giving up smoking and I;m going to stop drinking!!! lol.
If I can succeed at one of these I will be over the moon.

Here's to tomorrow

Take care

Elaine x

mirry
15-11-05, 07:38
I woke this morning, jumped straight out of bed ,popped to the Loo and then weighed myself.

height: 5ft 1"

weight: *st . 6lb [Sigh...]

waist measurement: 29"

mirryx

Madwoman
15-11-05, 10:45
me too,

5ft 7"

weight *st. 13lb

didnt do waist measurement but trouser size extremely tight 18 will do waist measurement later

madsxx

Dan
15-11-05, 10:47
is it compulsory to visit the loo before weighing in ... i no i always do that wee made me alot heavier
am going to a nutritionist on sat so am starting whatever diet she recommends then hopefully it will help will share tips after
Dan

Madwoman
15-11-05, 11:54
ooh yes Dan please do

waist measurement 41 done with a computer lead and ruler cos im at work

madsxxxx

Gareth
15-11-05, 12:16
Hi all,

I could do with losing a bit as well and will be having a very FAT xmas so should get started now!

I am 5'11 and weigh 12st 12lb.

I could do with getting down to 12st really.

Let's do it! Tuna sarnie with no mayo for lunch for me!

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

Meg
15-11-05, 13:11
Mads

I love that for creativity..

Meg x

Piglet
15-11-05, 13:28
I weighed myself :([Ugh]

Piglet is really Piglot!!!!

I seem to be quite a big hefty lass if they are true! Meg you are tall like me what do you weigh (you can tell me in secret if you are shy) Lol!!

I have had my scales for donkey's years they could be wrong[Yeah!].

Yes thats it they are wrong:):)

Love Piglet

mirry
15-11-05, 13:53
HOW TO FOLLOW THE SLIMMING WORLD PLAN;

EVERYDAY YOU WILL NEED A SHEET OF PAPER TO FILL IN LIKE SO;

A=
A=
B=
B=
------------------------------------------------------------
SYNS =
------------------------------------------------------------
FREE FOODS =

mirryx

mirry
15-11-05, 14:08
ABOUT FREE FOODS;

everyday you must choose what day you are on GREEN or RED
AND STICK TO YOUR DECISION ALL DAY.

GREEN DAYS
MEAN YOU CAN EAT PLENTY OF THE FOLLOWING
FREE FOODS;
POTATOES/BEANS/RICE/GRAINS/VERY LOW FAT DAIRY PRODUCTS/EGGS/QUORN/TOFU/ALL VEGTABLES/FRESH OR FROZEN FRUIT.
----------------------------------------------------
RED DAYS
MEAN YOU CAN EAT PLENTY OF THE FOLLOWING
FREE FOODS;
LEAN MEAT/FISH AND SEAFOOD/GAME/VERY LOW FAT DAIRY PRODUCTS/QUORN AND TOFU/EGGS/MOST VEGTABLES/FRESH OR FROZEN FRUIT.

mirryx

mirry
15-11-05, 15:10
ABOUT SYNS...........
We are only allowed up to 10 syns a day (however if you have alot of weight to loose you may be able to go up to 15 syns a day).

You can purchase from slimming world a food directory that will tell you the value of most foods.

Here are some examples;

Curly wurley 6 syns
penguin 6.5 syns
chocolate digestives 4.5 each
Jam tart 7 syns
packet of crisps approx 7 syns

mirryx

mirry
15-11-05, 15:59
A & B CHOICES (HEALTHY EXTRAS) ARE MEASURED AMOUNTS OF CERTAIN FOODS.

A =CHOICES ARE DAIRY FOODS (CHOOSE 2 A DAY)
B =CHOICES ARE FOODS HIGH IN FIBRE (CHOOSE 2 A DAY)

FOR EXAMPLE TODAY I HAVE HAD............

250 ML SKIMMED MILK ( A )
28G CHEESE (A)
2 SLICES OF NIMBLE BREAD (B)
170g cod (B)

total 4 healthy extras.

once again you can contact slimming world for the full list in the book.

mirryx

Alice
15-11-05, 17:20
Ok
My BMI is 20.9 my waist is 27 inches, and id like to lose half a stone. I had a doughnut today, but only cos my housemate brought it back for me and it would be rude not to eat it lol, but thats the last one, healthy eating from now on!

Piglet im really tall as well, does that mean we can weigh a lot more and blame it on our height, or is there really not that much difference?

Good luck everyone, im looking forward to this, hopefully this thread will shame me into sticking with the diet and not slacking hehe

Alice x

Piglet
15-11-05, 17:59
Alice hun how tall are you and what do you weigh (if thats not too rude).

I don't like what the scales are saying to me as I have dropped a dress size this year and feel much more toned but am heavier than ever!!!

Quirky
15-11-05, 18:01
Muscle weighs heavier than fat Piglet, all that bouncing and toning has obviously paid off.

Lisa x

Piglet
15-11-05, 18:08
Ooh hadn't thought of that Lisa!!

Thank you.

Quirky
15-11-05, 18:12
You're welcome and honestly it is so true. Many short female athletes are quite heavy purely due to muscles! So go back to being a Piglet not a Piglot!

Lisa x

Alice
15-11-05, 18:44
Piglet
Im 6 ft and i weigh 11 stone, but im a size 10/12, i just want to lose a bit of chubb and tone up a bit. My short friends weigh around 8/9 stone, and are around 5ft6ish, im sure there cant be 2 extra stone in 6 inches of extra height?!

Piglet
15-11-05, 22:49
Thanks Alice - you are a poppet for disclosing such important information.

I'm a couple of inches shorter but a stone heavier than you according to my dusty old scales upstairs. I wear a 14 and was more than happy until I weighed myself as I was under an illusion I was the same weight as you and it seems I'm not.

I don't think I will weigh myself again for another couple of years now.

Lol.

Quirky
15-11-05, 23:11
On the height/weight charts you can be up to 13 stones if you're 6ft and up to 12st 7lbs if you're 5ft 10. So Piglet you're not overweight for your height at all! I am 5ft 6 and can be up to 11 stone without being overweight. Many of us feel we are bigger than we want to be but are not actually overweight.
Love Lisa x

kim63
16-11-05, 02:57
ok jumped on scales iam....stone and 1 pound like i said i already go to slimming world but think this will help also Rhowes you asked how much i have to lose about 4 stone i think and i have already lost just over 2 so half way there, i was size 24 and just brough jeans size 16 never thinking i would see that size again lol, would like to get to size 12, Mirry you asked about fat free desserts if you do the slimming world diet muller lite yogurts are free try puting them in the freezer fot about 20 mins they come out like ice cream great with strawberries kim

mirry
16-11-05, 07:30
Thanks for the dessert Ideas, I have such a sweet tooth so need something to keep me going. Put on my jeans this morning and ohhh they feel so uncomfortable I cant bear it anymore.
I went to tescos with my hubby last night and purchased lots of healthy food and loads of very low fat yogurts (muller and Irish yogurt).

I dont mind If on Monday everyone sends me a message telling me the results of there weight loss then I can put it on here in a list like this.........

Piglet 1lb
kim 1lb
keith 1 lb
MIRRY 7lb > LOL

what you all think ? [Wow!][Yeah!][Yes!].........[No]:(

mirryx

mirry
16-11-05, 07:51
Think it was Gareth who posted about having a sandwich without mayo ?

Heres a great way of being able to eat a load of mayo without feeling guilty.

Hellmanns extra light mayo (2 level TBSP) = 1.5 syns
Now if you have a food processor you can purchase a box of silken TOFU and put half the box in the food processor with 2 level TBSP of the mayo.......add some pepper and salt and lemon juice.BLEND.
You end up with a cup full of mayo for only 1.5 syns,
you could then use this to make colslaw or potato salad.
[:P]

mirryx

Madwoman
16-11-05, 09:06
Monday weigh in wow expect me to be mads ... nil

im doin good though so far, I havent had a drink since sunday and ive kept to my calories, I am starvin though last nite i contemplated eating the curtains in the lounge

mads xxx

Piglet
16-11-05, 09:19
Right Monday it is then.

Love Piglet x

Piglet
16-11-05, 09:25
Lisa thats true - I don't think I look overweight although neither do I look skinny anymore (I was such a thin kid) its just that it sounds massive that amount of stones!!

Anyway just in the middle of doing my roots with a new hair dye from a health food shop as the ammonia in my usual one is really getting unpleasent to use.

See you later.

mirry
16-11-05, 09:56
Mad thats why i struggle with calorie control diets , I just love my food too much..........If you considered doing Slimming world you can eat all day and still loose weight .Being hungry isnt good.
My friend introduced me to Slimming world in January and I just couldnt believe how much food you can eat.

for Breakfast today I had
2 slices toast (B)and a yogurt and a cup of tea.

for lunch I am going to have a baked sweet potato with cottage cheese and baked tomatos and mushrooms with salt and pepper.....followed with a yogurt and fruit. (ALL FREE FOOD)

for tea tonight I am having a huge plate of ;
syn free chips and 170g cod (B) and mushy peas and pickled onions mmmmmmm
then macoroni pudding made with my milk allowance (A) and sweetners.

Now this means I still have one more (A) choise= 2 baby bel cheeses.

OH and sometime thru the day I can have a tube of ROLO's = 11 syns

In between all this I can eat loads of fruit and more very low fat yogurts.

You can buy slimming world magazines in the shops with loads more ideas.
:D

mirryx

Madwoman
16-11-05, 11:26
sounds good mirry, drinking lets it down though, i am trying

love madsxxxx

mirry
21-11-05, 07:57
HI EVERYONE.

JUST WEIGHED MYSELF AND I AM SOOOOOOOOOO DISSAPOINTED, IT SAYS I HAVENT LOST ANY WEIGHT AT ALL.........I AM EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN I STARTED ![:I]

I feel really down about it and am trying to work out where i went wrong, yest I ate a huge slimming world roast dinner but did go for a little cherry pie for dessert.

HOPE YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME ENCOURAGEMENT WITH YOUR RESULTS ???

mirryx

Piglet
21-11-05, 09:49
Oooooooooooh same here Mirry neither have I hun.[No]

I will try harder next week!

I havent gained though!!!!

Madwoman
21-11-05, 10:35
sorry guys, ive lost 1lb how i dont know because all my good intentions went out the window when i met my old pal jack daniels followed by fish and chips, thursday i was also with jd and had a kebab but after that i did sort of get back on the straight and narrow, might try slimming world, ill fetch the mag at lunchtime

love fatty i mean madsxxxx

mirry
21-11-05, 11:18
lol its not easy is it Piglet, Ive just been to local shops with my friend and she made me sick when she tried on a size 8 jeans and got in them!
I now feel very determined after seeing her do that.

WELL DONE MAD (you make me mad lol)
If you hold 1lb of sugar in your hands, its alot of weight to loose.

OK, 5 weeks to go mission Still possible.

I am making a quiche for lunch......

mix 4 eggs with 2 pots of very low fat cottage cheese,
fry up some onions and mushrooms with spray light,
mix all togather with salt and pepper and place in a flan dish ....bake for approx 1/2 hour on gas 5.[:P]

mirryx

Madwoman
21-11-05, 14:22
sounds like a baked omelette to me that mirry, ihad 3 tuna salad sandwiches and a cup a soup got a beef casserole for dinner had toast for breakfats (brown of course) and potato heads and tomato juice for elevenses

mads xx

Dan
21-11-05, 14:37
well done kim 5 dress sizes to drop is fantastic
piglet and mirry some people loose weight after the second week my sister is like that so dont give up
i went to the nutrisionist on sat for anxiety and she has advised me to cut out all sugar including reduced and low sugar things and wheat and caffiene and strawberrys grapes and mushrooms so i am going to try as she was very expensive will let you no nexy week if i looseshe said sugar really disrupts our levels and then we can get surges of adrenaline wjich is a panic atack. will give it a good go ie three months and see if it helps
dan
well done mads

Madwoman
21-11-05, 16:01
trouble is wheat is in everything now

mads x

mirry
21-11-05, 17:03
Hi Dan,
Your nutritionist may be right about sugar effecting the adrenaline rush, quite often if i eat sugar I feel hot in my face like Im getting a slight fever - especially if its chocolate (does chocolate contain caffine?).
I think avoiding wheat isnt so bad , I buy special flour sometimes like rice flour (which you can eat on slimming world days) and mix it with oats and artificial sweetners to make a crumble and its really nice.
I dont know why mushrooms are avoided ? maybe because it contains too much fungus ?
Let us know how your special diet goes.

mirryx

kim63
21-11-05, 19:14
Hi well jumped on scales i lost 2 ponuds this week, if you not lost any do you think your eating enough, its as bad as eating too much, i always do a food diary just to keep track of what iam eating, i know the weeks i dont do this i either stay the same or put on just an idea, if you doing the slimming world diet pasta and sauce by batchelors are free but only some flavours,if you dont have a book let me know and i will tell you what they are.
kim xxx

mirry
22-11-05, 07:54
Well done KIM,

2 lb is alot to loose in a week.
I will start eating the pasta again for green days......trouble is I get bored with pasta but am feeling desperate as I think its 4 and 1/2 weeks to xmas........If I dont knuckle down to it now, it will be too late.[No]

Last night I had quorn burgers with potatoes and veg and for dessert a small bowl of rice pudding.
Let me know what other slimming world ideas you have kim ,do you have any good soup recipes ?
I am making lentil soup today to keep me going (gives me wind lol).

mirryx

Madwoman
22-11-05, 08:56
he hee,

glad im not sat behind you on the bus! quorn burgers, no sorry dont hit the spot with me are you a veggie?

well done kim

mads xx

mirry
22-11-05, 16:16
Hi MAD

I only ate them because slimming world say they are free food ........must admit they felt like I was chewing on the sole of a shoe.

I have 2 in the freezer left if you would like them ?[Ugh]

lol

mirryx

Ma Larkin
22-11-05, 16:37
I'm afraid i'll just have to support you all on this one as I'm a bit of a stick insect. I think its great that you are all supporting each other with this though, xmas is the best time to do it (not!!), so it should be a challenge to get the pounds off. Good luck to you all. I'll see if I can put some weight on!! I reckon with 3 kids, there will be at least 15 selection boxes!! Keep strong everyone, you know you have the willpower!!

Les xx

mirry
23-11-05, 07:34
oooooo thanks for the support Lesley,
You have kept me going for the day after reading your post!

This is a question for DAN...........
I would like to follow your special diet (the one you have been recommended) to see if it helps me loose weight and help my anxiety.
Can you give me some ideas of what you eat ???
Yest I tried and was stuck for ideas ?

I had for breakfast: porridge oats.
I had for lunch: plain tuna and eggs and cucumber and tomato
I had for dinner: home made lentil soup and a low fat non sugar yogurt.

not alot but I was surprised how filling these foods are but I miss the mayonaise/white bread ect

mirryx

Madwoman
23-11-05, 09:55
thanks for the offer of the burgers mirry but i'll pass, lentil soup? it all sounds a bit windy to me!

yesterdays menu
I had 2 brown toast for breakfast
4 brown salmon salad sandwiches
pork casserole for tea

2 glasses of red (and half a small pizzza ooh er!!)

bit of a cheat but not too bad cant see me losing a 1lb this week

love mads xx

why dont sheep shrink in the rain?

mirry
23-11-05, 12:57
Mads you are right my stomach feels awful today all bloaty and painful ..dont know how that dr gillian mckeith copes?

Just had 4 ryvitas and sesame seeds with cheese......it was really nice but think I went over board with the cheese [:P]

I am avoiding white bread and white flour all sugars and white rice and pasta. THIS IS HARD WORK !:(

mirryx

Alice
24-11-05, 23:12
i was doing really well, but stupidly agreed to go on a late night food trip to tescos and came back with profiteroles eek, 12 of them, and i ate them all!!!

I hang my head in shame lol

xxx

(ps, it was so totally worth it!!!)

Madwoman
25-11-05, 08:39
he he alice

I took a leaf out of mirrys book yesterday and had lentil and veg soup YUKKKK i ate it cos i was hungry with a thick slice of brown toast but did i suffer later bloated, headache, THE LOT!

How is everybody doing on the D**T?

I have had a couple of glasses of red every night but no serious falling off the wagon.

madsxxx

Madwoman
25-11-05, 08:42
ps forgot to ask you slimmers world lot
how do syns and alcohol and green and red days equate?

on a red day you drink all red wine, dark sprirts, bitter etc on a green day you drink light stuff white wine, lager, vodka etc?

madsxx

mirry
25-11-05, 08:50
lol Alice, You should of eat before you went food shopping.

Oh mad , the lentil soup made me sooooooo Ill, I looked pregnant after eating it.

This morning I got up early and made tonights dinner in the slow cooker "chicken and rice with carrots and stock with a tbs of butter and salt and pepper" CANT WAIT!

FOR BREAKFAST : I have had egg and toast (but had to have white bread cos no brown left).

For lunch I am going to have a sweet potato baked in the oven with baked tomatos and cottage cheese.........followed by a yogurt and a banana.

I am being so good that if I dont loose weight on mondays weigh in then I will smash up my bathroom scales lol.

mirryx

Piglet
25-11-05, 09:18
Alice - I've done this and with profriteroles too. I had cream and chocolate allover my face but it was heaven.:D[}:)]

I don't know whether I am doing well or not - I seem to need to eat more cos its cold at the moment hmmm!

We'll see come Monday.

Madwoman
25-11-05, 10:53
its comfort eating you know, its cold so we eat more, boredom as well with me i am at work on my own nobody to talk to.

cereal bar time and another cup of tea

mads xx

mirry
25-11-05, 19:04
Yes Its very cold so does anyone know of hot food/drinks that will help ?

I have a confession to make[:I] I went to work today and the elderly man I care for gave me a tube of Rolos and a newspaper..........well I havent had Rolos in years so as soon as I got home I put kettle on and had a nice coffee with Rolos reading the news BLISS!

Now I feeling annoyed at myself after doing so well all week and tommorow I am out all day hopefully selling my jewellery and my friend tells me there are free mince pies and wine[}:)].

COME ON WE CAN DO IT[:O] [Yeah!]

mirryx

mirry
28-11-05, 10:09
got on scales this morning and LOST

1 LB. [Yeah!]

COME ON LETS BE HAVING YOUR RESULTS !

mirryx

Piglet
28-11-05, 11:19
Mirry,

I am still the same hun - I have been watching what I eat - and its alot lol!!!:D

I am having a rethink here and I am going to aim for not putting any on during the festivities - I did this quite well last year.

I will have some of the treaty food but will balance it with healthy eating the bulk of the time. This suits me as I hate feeling bloated anyway.

Well done you!!!!!!

Love Pig xx

Madwoman
28-11-05, 11:36
Hi guys,

no loss this week, still ive been a bit of a piggy really!!

mads xx

kim63
28-11-05, 19:26
hiya, so i got on the scales and no weight loss this week, but did go out for a meal with pudding oh well it was very nice,and at least i never gained so cant moan. i have some recipes for soups and if you buy the slimming world mag this month these loads of recipes in there .
spicy tomato soup 2 red chilles/2x 400g cans chopped tomatoes/2 tsp artificial sweetener/1 and half pts veg stock/4 tbsp passata/few drops tabasco sauce/dash lime juice/salt and pepper/
1 halve and deseed the chillies place in food processor with the tomatoes,sweetener,seasoning and a little stock and blend until smooth.
2 transfer the tomatoe mixture to a pan, stir in the remaining stock and the passata and gently heat .

carrot and parsnip soup 1 onion/1 lb carrots/12oz parsnips/lite fry/1 tsp ground coriandar/black pepper/2pts veg stock/1tbsp fresh chopped parsley/1tbsp fresh chopped coriandar
1 peel and chop onion,carrots,parsnips, place in a pan spray with fry lite, cover and cook over a low heat for 10 mins add a little stock if it gets to dry
2 stir in the coriander, season with pepper and cook for 1 min add the stock cover and simmer for 20-25 mins
3 put the soup in food processor and blend until smooth, garnished with chopped parsley and coriander.

hope you enjoy there half syns for each serveing

have a good week i can put 2 recipes here each week if you like just let me know

kim xxxx

mirry
19-12-05, 19:50
kim, i am going to try out those soups (6 days till xmas) help!

I purchased some new scales that also tell me my fat levels, I was devastated because it says i am 3 lb heavier that my old scales but my fat levels are in normal range.

My husband whos a skinny bones was told on it that his fat levels are way too high (associated with obese people) i couldnt stop laughing at him about it but hes worried how can he be skinny yet his fat levels HIGH? anyone have any ideas?

he also tried my friends scales that say the same result!

mirryx