PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have "mind chatter" & can't sleep!

Kermitfrog
23-11-09, 17:42
Hi just wondering if anyone else is feels like they are going mad with endless mind chatter esp at night?
I have been off Citalopram since Feb this year - I "live" with symptoms of anxiety & can sort of cope with it (breathlessness/ palps/ dizzyiness etc). I have never been a good sleeper but since starting a new (stressful) job my sleeping has gone from bad to worse. This week I've averaged 4 hours a night - last night I took an OTC sleep aid - fell asleep at 22.45 only to wake again at 00.20. & never went back to sleep. When I wake up, random sentances & situations will pop into my head. Or I'll have songs that play forever round & round! I'll literally lie awake willing myself to sleep but I just never drop off! It really makes me think that I'm going crazy! I feel sooo tired & run down now - it's exhausting.
My husband thinks it's all down to stress but I'm worried that my anxiety is slowly creeping back... Any advice?
Thanks x

teez
23-11-09, 18:07
im not on cit,,yet cant shut my mind up,,its exhausting,,,ive an underactive thyroid,,,so im really tired all the time,,yet i still cant drop off to sleep until i fall asleep sat bolt upright,,i have to have the tv,,or my mind chatter drives me mad,,i only sleep between four to five hours a night

looking4answers
24-11-09, 02:00
Just wondering if you are taking beta blockers ..these cause me to feel this way.I usually take them early in the morning and go back to sleep for a bit and then start having all this mind chatter really bad and if lucky enough to go back to sleep then dream weird vivid dreams

manx_kitty
24-11-09, 08:27
Yes, i have this. I usually get to sleep for about 11 o'clock but then wake up at about 5 and my heart is racing and all these strange thoughts go through my mind. I have been prescibed beta-blockers so i took one this morning when i woke up but then i thought "oh my god, ive just taken this and its going to slow my heart down so much that i am going to die!". Its a nightmare :(

Anxious_gal
24-11-09, 17:48
wow I get this too sometimes. I don't like, It doesn't seem normal :(
What happens me is I'm trying to sleep n I'll start getting strange thoughts, like it's not me, they just pop into my head!
or sometimes I get images like I'm going into a dream but I'm still awake.
then I can get a song in my head n I can't stop it! it's like I'm singing it in my head but I cannot switch it off!

B-gal
25-11-09, 23:43
Hi there,

Im not particularly anxious, on any medication (except antibiotics) and I have always always been this way as long as I can remember. As soon as there's silence at night my mind starts going into overdrive. It could be singing a song, thinking of something I have to remember to do or making plans in my head for the weekend. The only thing I can do to make myself sleep is to watch telly in the background on a low volume. ive had to do this everynight for as long as I can remember. For some reason Ive noticed that if my boyfriend stays over I dont need somethin on in the b'ground. Its strange but Ive always been that way. While it is a sign of anxiety, I dont think this is the case with me.

xxx
xx
x