PDA

View Full Version : Hi All. This site is helping me already!!!

Joe D
23-11-09, 19:07
Hi All,
Im Joe, im 24 and live on the Wirral.

I remember what happened to start my anxiety off quite vividly.

I was in the gym with a few friends and we were doing leg presses, I decided to go for it and try and lift 280kg's. I managed 6 and then felt a huge pressure in my head so stopped.
That night I woke up with a major headache and immediately started thinking aneurysm and worrying, my heart raced and my face became hot. I rang NHS Direct and they calmed me and told me to take an anadin, go back to sleep and see how I felt in the morning.
I woke up and was fine so went to work as usual but a little tired.
As the days went by I started worrying that I may have caused an aneurysm from the hypertension, I started researching it and finding out if it was possible, what a mistake that was.
I gradually started getting headaches, and worrying.
I went to the hospitals out of hours a couple of days later and the doc told me I had sprained my neck, although I was worrying about an aneurysm, I was not happy with her diag - seriously on this bit haha.
So I went to my own doc, and he tested my blood pressure, ears and strength, etc and he thought I was fine, he said if you had anything of mass in your head your blood pressure would be out.
I went home but still couldnt cope so a week later I went back, by now I had headaches and a dizziness which I find hard to explain (not spinning, nor feeling faint, but more overwhelmed and spacey and confused) and told my doc, he said im worrying, but to help me he will send me for a CT scan.
It came to the day for the scan and I had nearly recovered, I was aware and not dizzy so much no more.
The next day I got a phone call, it was my doctor saying that they had found an abnormality and that they were going to refer me to a neurologist, BANG, it started all over again, but worse. I had to take a week off work I was so bad. They told me I had a problem called Chiari Malformation which is basically where my cerebellum is forced down into the funnel at the top of my neck. About 1 in 500 people have it but only a small number have any symptoms.
I researched it fully and became aware that it was not drastic and I started recovering again.
A week later I went to see the neurologist and she said that she wanted to send me for an MRI to check the extent and that I neednt change my lifestyle as it wont get worse unless I had a head trauma.
So I went home, happy as larry and felt positive. 7pm that night my neurologist rang and mentioned that along with the MRI she wanted me to have an MRA as there could be a small chance of an aneurysm and not to do anything that will exert me. Well guess what, BANG, all over again but worse.
Dizziness, headaches, chronic fatigue, insomnia, confusion, short attention span, neck ache and stomach cramps.
I went for my MRI and MRA 5 days ago and I am still awaiting the results today and here I am. I found this site and its already helping me.
I just want my health to be fine, if I know I am clear I can exercise and if I can exercise I can see the end of my worries.

Is this health anxiety and can anyone relate to me?

And can anyone relate to the dizziness I am explaining and have a better way of saying it, the doc looks at me confused when I say it. haha

Thanks for reading.

Joe

nomorepanic
23-11-09, 19:10
Hi Joe D

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

teez
23-11-09, 19:13
ohhhh yes as will most of us,,ive had the whole lot panic attacks ,,dizzy spaced out feeling ,,missed heart beats , hyper ventilating,,you name it ive had it,,you,ll find this site brilliant for putting your mind at rest,,because everyone on heres had simular or the same symptoms,,hope you find the answers you need and welcome to nmp,,theresa :welcome:

marie1974
24-11-09, 17:30
hiya and welcome to nmp, you will find lots of information and support here and make new friends too. hugs xx