PDA

View Full Version : help! Please! Panicking and miserable

Jo3016
23-11-09, 22:08
My leg hurts so badly. Well, they both do now. Cramp feeling in my thigh and now my groin and calf. My knees also ache. It is mainly in my left leg but also pain in the right side too.

I also have a very tender and localised pain in the bottom of my back just to the left of my coccyx. Heat pads and ibuprofen have helped a bit but my leg muscles feel tight and painful. I also feel a bit numb and tingly.

I have recently started oral contraceptives again and thought it may have something to do with that. I am panicking about dvt, tumor or something.

I have got such a headache as I have been crying all night. My ears are ringing and I just feel so scared. I have had this for 4 days now and it just seems to be getting worse!!

Jo3016
23-11-09, 22:10
I feel sick now too :weep:

countrygirl
23-11-09, 22:25
Your leg and groin pain can be coming from a back problem and have nothing to do with your tablets but if you are really worried you have a dvt then see your GP. I know quite a few people who have had dvts in leg - my mother had one from her knee to her abdomen and she had terrible pain and a very very swollen and shiny red thigh. I think most people get the swelling and odd skin colour with dvt.

Rather than worry please see a Dr so at least you can stop worrying about dvt.

Jo3016
23-11-09, 22:36
Thanks. I don't really think it is a blood clot because I have no swelling but it hurts so much. I am feeling really anxious - sitting here crying and feeling really sick

mad4it
24-11-09, 10:39
Hi Jo

The only way you will :winks:have these conditions confirmed or dismissed is to go to your doctor. You seem to have worked yourself up into a huge frenzy over what may or may not be. I know because i do it myself. Making a doctors appointment is a positive step. You are taking control which is very important. Make this your first step if u havent already and stay away from Dr Google.

kittykat
24-11-09, 11:48
Hi Jo,

I would go see your doctor to put your mind at rest as the worry is just not worth it, it also sounds to me it could be coming from your back as i have problems with my back and some of the symptoms sound similar, please go get yourself checked out not because its serious just to put your mind at rest xx