PDA

View Full Version : vitamin b12 deficiency ?

sarah jayne
24-11-09, 09:29
Hi everyone. Ive been ill for the last 4 months, ive had headaches, sickness, weakness and ive now got pins and needles in my hands and feet, my left foot has gone slightly numb and my legs feel so weak that i feel like im going to fall over, i also feel a bit dizzy today. My doctor thinks i have a vitamin b12 deficiency. I had blood tests yesterday but dont get the results til friday. Has anyone experienced this ? I just seem to be getting worse every day, i have no strength at all....x

trev1234
24-11-09, 12:16
i had something similar when i was in my 20s..my whole left side felt numb..dizzy no strenth..all to do with stress they told me..post the results plz...hope you feel well soon..oh ps im 43 now ! lol..i also think i have lack of B12...:)

sarah jayne
25-11-09, 09:29
Thanks for your reply. I'll let you know how i get on. I woke up this morning with a sore swollen ankle, my veins look like there going o pop out, its really sore, i havent done anything to hurt it, ive been resting. I havent got a clue whats going on, at least they cant fob me off saying that its anxiety because i cant make myself go swollen lol. It also feels like theres loads of pressure in my big toe. I hope its nothing serious......

peach
27-11-09, 04:27
hello,

i had a severe b12 deficiency. it took docs ages to figure it out, i was pretty sick for 2 yrs with it. i finally demanded a blood test and even tho the results came back dangerous low levels of b12, the doc still didnt confirm why i was feelig so sick and dizzy....i finally found a good doc who saw the results and confirmed everything and put me on 1000mg a day of b12 for about 4 months. i now top up on the tablets every once in a while......

im not a vegetarian so i guess they assumed that b12 wouldnt be the problem. they didnt take into acct that i have ibs and this is what did it.....i was very scared at the time as the symptoms arnt like a normal illness.....

good luck and pm me any time