PDA

View Full Version : Tips for combatting fear of the dentist

mad4it
24-11-09, 10:44
Hi I am having my wisdom tooth taken out today and I am really panicking. I really start panicking as soon as he sticks his fingers in my mouth and I hate the taste of his gloves. lol. Any tips.:unsure:

Ddcoo
24-11-09, 12:00
You are bound to be feeling panicky if you are having a wisdom tooth out and my suggestion would be to tell the dentist exactly how you are feeling and then he will be aware of your state and will do everything he can to help you relax. You will certainly not be the first person he has had to treat that feels that way. He has been trained to cope with situations like this. Maybe you could ask to have an anaesthetic to put you under.I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

mad4it
26-11-09, 13:45
Hi thanx for the reply. Well I went on Tues to have the tooth out. The panic attack started in car and carried on for the 25 minutes I sat in the waiting room. Eventually I went in to the dentists office just for him to tell me my jaw was still too swollen. Anyway top and bottom of it is I am going back again today. I have also discovered a new panic symptom. Feel as if I am being strangled. God I'm sick.

kazzie
26-11-09, 13:55
Good Luck:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

mummy4
26-11-09, 20:50
how did it go??? xx

looking4answers
26-11-09, 22:47
Your lucky .. mine starts just knowing I have to go to the dentist.. Im not sure what you can do except maybe double your anxiety meds.. But the dentist arggggggh hate doing that.. We will be thinking of you and good luck.. try to relax.. as much as possible Michael