PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer to Prozac

jb2112
24-11-09, 11:14
Been on it 3 days at 20mg and its making me feel very nervous anxious - is this normal/OK? I think I'll take some lorazepam to deal with this...Has anyone else found prozac to be helpful to get you on an even keel??

Does anyone else duffer from stomach upset with these?

Thanks
JB

barrywin
24-11-09, 12:18
Hi JB,
YES! When I started on Prozac I had continuos stomach upsets. Luckily for me my psychiatrist prescribed Ativan and Xanax whilst starting me on prozac so my anxiety although bad was definitely bearable especially after taking the Ativan and also Xanax. Theanxiousness does go away after a couple of weeks normally maximum.

I've been off Prozac for the last 10 months and have been put on Mirtizapine instead.

Best wishes,
Barry

jb2112
24-11-09, 16:58
I'm finding it hard to stick with this - anxiety and nervousness seem to be getting worse(!). Taking lorazepam to help get me over the 'bedding in' phase but has anyone else who this has worked for had worse anxiety/tension to start with?????:weep: Please let me know as this is so horrible??

KK77
24-11-09, 18:23
First few weeks anxiety levels can be quite high - it's normal with any AD. It does get a LOT better after 3-4 weeks. Just remember that it's the drug that's causing a lot of your anxiety and that after a while it'll start to go. Try to limit the benzos as much as possible so you don't get rebound anxiety later.

jb2112
26-11-09, 14:48
Thanks. Just finding it hard to believe it will improve at this point.

maxine
26-11-09, 15:05
I only lasted 8 days on Prozac purely as they made me feel awful after the first couple of days, I'm now on day two of Seroxat. We'll see how it goes.