PDA

View Full Version : paracetomal - scared

daisycake
24-11-09, 12:47
If one was to take one tablet of paracetomal ie - 500mg - BUT the tablet split in half, meaning i got the powder on my leg and my bed, could I end up ill - should I call the doc? I was thinking if there is that powder on my leg and I get some on my hand without noticing I'll be swallowing it every so often.. does that mean I'm going to OD, I'm really scared now? I changed my jeans, just incase, and am afraid to touch the other ones and I keep thinking that my fingers must be covered in paracetomal and that if I put them near my face I'm going to OD. I don't know what to do. I've been running around my room wiping everything but surely that just moves the paracetomal elsewhere? My mam told me to take it because I have cold, otherwise I never ever take medicine purely because I'm so frightened of it :unsure::wacko:

ChrisMayo
24-11-09, 13:16
Hey Daisy

If just one tablet split in half, then you are only going to get the contents of one tablet on you, so you wouldn't be taking more than the recommended dose.

It would be very unlikely for it to get into your bloodstream by getting it on your leg or hands.

If you are taking the correct dose (Which it sounds like you are), adults can actually have 1000mg every 4 hours (not sure of your age), so I really wouldn't worry.

Chris x

pd
24-11-09, 14:47
You're only getting the recommended dose, don't worry. I break em in half because I can't swallow them whole, and end up getting the powder everywhere.

sweet_harmony
24-11-09, 14:50
:hugs:Awww hun like chrismayo said you are only taking your recomended dose dont worry.
Jo