PDA

View Full Version : symptoms on right side.......?

Historienne
24-11-09, 14:27
Hi does anyone else get this: Reassurance would be nice!

I keep waking up with quite painful pins and needles in the middle of the night in my right hand and sometimes my right arm... this is every night for about a year now!! I also have a more or less permenantly tight feeling on the right hand side of my neckdown towards my shoulder.... I have had an MRI and that was clear which is good I suppose but I don't see how this is anxiety??

It seems to be all neurological to me. Sometimes my hearing goes a bit funny in my right ear and my vision is worse in my right eye. This all started up around about the same time and with hindsight I can see that I had been under alot of stress at that time when it all culminated. I just feel I'm feeling better - the symptoms lessen- but then they start up again, literally over night! :( fed up with it all.

Thanks

Alisonj
03-12-09, 05:42
Has your doc said that you checked out alright? Its hard to trust them sometimes. I have odd symptoms and if I analyzed every one of them I would lose my mind. However I do spend alot of time worrying over a fair bit of them.
If you had an MRI that would rule out any problems in your brain so that is great. Maybe talk to your doctor about nerve conduction testing?? If he thinks there is cause he may or he may be able to reassure you.

guitarpants
03-12-09, 16:39
Make sure you aren't having symptoms of TIA, and talk to your doc about it.

Historienne
03-12-09, 17:14
what's TIA? thanks

Historienne
03-12-09, 17:25
I just looked it up... don't think it's that cos my doc has done bloods, blood pressure, ct scan and MRI... ta

NoPoet
03-12-09, 23:29
Nobody has suggested the obvious - are you sure you aren't lying on that arm when you go to sleep? Sounds like pins and needles to me. I doubt it is anything harmful if you have experienced it regularly for a year.

Historienne
05-12-09, 16:13
Thanks yeah. I don't think so..... I tend to lay on my back or front... I don't see why it would just start, literally, over night.....

Jemba
05-12-09, 16:51
I have the same problem with cramping at night. The doctor told me that they do not worry if it just happens at night as it is due to compression and the position that you are sleeping in. I have read a lot of your posts and I have a lot of your symptoms to.

Currently suffering with a very tight left neck and shoulder, going to a chiropractor - which has helped a little, but I have slipped back a little. He said it is caused by stress and bad posture. When you are stressed you lift your shoulders and this causes the problems. It also does not help if you spend a lot of time at a PC/desk..... great!