PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on St John's Wort :0/

jool5
24-11-09, 15:15
Hi All

I have suffered with anxiety for many years ( I am 30 yrs old) but have had two major bouts of horrendous anxiety mixed with mild depression and am currently having another bout whilst looking after my gorgeous 5 1/2 month old son.

I have twice gone down the road of Citalopram and twice it has brought me back to me old self really well but I am avoiding this time around due to the awful side effects I get for about 6 weeks.

I am currently trying to look at more natural ways to help myself and would love to hear any advice anyone might have on this. I have been taking St John's Wort for 11 days and it is doing NOTHING except making me feel worse :0/ Does anyone know if I should persevere with it or give it up at this stage? It is making me feel dizzy, confused, tired and more anxious than ever....do you think this is normal at this stage?...I am holding out hope that it means it is working ?!

I am going to Holland and Barratt for the millionth time tomorrow and was thinking of trying some inositol as recommended on here by Physchopoet.....has anyone our there tried it or does anyone have any other good recommendations in order that I can waste a load more dosh in the hope of finding a miracle cure!!!

Nice to meet you all

Jool5 xxx

nomorepanic
24-11-09, 15:24
Hi jool5

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.