PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and have realised I have GAD

Petch12
24-11-09, 16:19
Hi all,

Just got back from the Docs and have had all types of tests done on my constant nausea and have been told I have slight IBS but its all in my head.
Worst news as this will be a massive battle for me to come to terms with the fact that I worry, am anxious all the time and in turn has made me the way I am for half of my life.

Does anyone else suffer from constant nausea, IBS and GAD?????

What do you do about it?

HELO !!

nomorepanic
24-11-09, 16:21
Hi Petch12

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Petch12
24-11-09, 21:58
Thank you, support is just what I need and handy tips.

I need to find ways to calm down this may help my nausea. Wish I was 'normal' !!

Jingle
24-11-09, 22:46
Hi all,

Just got back from the Docs and have had all types of tests done on my constant nausea and have been told I have slight IBS but its all in my head.
Worst news as this will be a massive battle for me to come to terms with the fact that I worry, am anxious all the time and in turn has made me the way I am for half of my life.

Does anyone else suffer from constant nausea, IBS and GAD?????

What do you do about it?

HELO !!

Hey petch!!

Just wanted to say Hi - it's great that you've joined this site - it's the first step forward. I have SA and IBS but don't get the sicky feeling. I guess we're all different.

This may be WAY out there but try ginger biscuits - apparently they help with nausea. I find keeping the fibre up helps with the IBS. Prunes and wholemeal stuff, veg. (and buscopan!!)

Biggest warm hugs to you Petch, and welcome!

J xx

lc2613
25-11-09, 00:02
welcome to this site it really is a god send for reasurance, eveyones symptoms and battles are different its just finding what works best for you if you are anxouis all the time im surprised your doc hasn,t perscribed you any meds or have you sorry? if not i would see them again. also ginger is great at relieving nausea try ginger tea honestly old wives tale but it got me through three pregnancies
wishing you all the luck in the future if ever you want to talk feel free to message me
xx

Linzilollipop
25-11-09, 19:30
Hi Petch.I suffer from IBS due to my anxiety.It got that bad last month i ended up in hospital,it was my birthday aswell.I tried allsorts of IBS medication but nothing worked,I was in constant agony.I took a trip down to a local health store and was recommended aloe vera capsules and they have been brilliant.I take two a day and can happily say i havent had any discomfort since.Give them a try.xxx