PDA

View Full Version : Me aggaaaaiiiin!!!!

Historienne
24-11-09, 23:21
Hi does anyone else get this: Reassurance would be nice!

I keep waking up with quite painful pins and needles in the middle of the night in my right hand and sometimes my right arm... this is every night for about a year now!! I also have a more or less permenantly tight feeling on the right hand side of my neckdown towards my shoulder....could it be linked? because I know there are a bunch of nerves in your neck.... I have had an MRI and that was clear which is good I suppose but I don't see how this is anxiety??

It seems to be all neurological to me. Sometimes my hearing goes a bit funny in my right ear and my vision is worse in my right eye. This all started up around about the same time and with hindsight I can see that I had been under alot of stress at that time when it all culminated. I just feel I'm feeling better - the symptoms lessen- but then they start up again, literally over night! :( fed up with it all.

Also, (sigh!) shortly before I feel I am becoming more panicky my left arm and hand feels reaaaally slow and a bit like it's seizing up, this is when my arm/hand is resting and I feel I have to quickly flex it for me not to lose movement in it! Its very weird...

Thanks

looking4answers
24-11-09, 23:43
Hoping to be comforting to you .. I have had this almost every night for over 20 years on my left hand and its starting on my right hand this year.. My ears go crazy all the time.. Lately my left ear has been hurting a bit.."they can never find the reason for this" but it makes all kind of weird noises and also sounds sometimes like its sucking in ,if that makes any sense. My eyes get blurry for no reason and then they are ok.. This thing with the eyes has only happened since we move to a mile and one half above sea level.. Good luck to you and hope you feel better.. if you are worried.. always consult a doctor.. Michael

nomorepanic
24-11-09, 23:48
it could be carpal tunnel syndrome
A doc can tell u

j2
25-11-09, 03:55
If a doctor doesn't find signs of carpal tunnel, I would say yes this can very well be anxiety related. I read somewhere that continued anxiety kind of shorts out our nervous system. There is no real damage but the effects are very real. I think I must tense up when I sleep as I have had similar sounding things happen to me off and on. I find that if I make a point of trying to fall asleep with my hands at my side and my head laying flat on a thin pillow it helps my body stay more relaxed while I sleep. Anyway that is my two cents worth. Good luck.

Historienne
25-11-09, 09:59
Thanks. I was just worried cos I read somewhere that if its anxiety then it only affects the left hand side and if its the right then its something more sinister.. I woke up about 5 times in the night because my body was forgetting to breath in! This then made me feel like both my hands had turned to lead and were really stiff... So awful.