PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Stress (are they the same)

blightfoot66
25-11-09, 07:32
I asked this question in another post and did not get an answer, so I thought I would ask in a fresh thread.

If they are the same thing, then I am confused :huh:

I thought it was a known fact that stress is bad for you, and can be directly related to heart disease/attack and strokes.....However we are told in the home pages of this website that the symptoms of Anxiety, although uncomfortable are not dangerous to our health...

I am not trying to freak people out, I am just trying to get a answer on this....:)

gypsywomen
25-11-09, 08:12
stress is a bit different to anxiety stress is like in office and you cant cope with work load things like that which can ,,make you ill if you dot control ,now anxiety is connected normally with lots off nervous conditions eg depression

ash1807
25-11-09, 08:13
My understanding is that one of the by prodducts of stress can be anxiety which in itself is only a sensation and not harmful.

Stress however can cause other issues, like heart condition, which certainly is harmful

I may be completely off mark here

Maj
25-11-09, 08:15
I would say that stress is something that happens if you don't manage your life properly in the long term and take on too much, this would affect your health and would leave you mentally and physically exhausted all the time. Anxiety causes us to have specific symptoms that don't actually harm you but are unpleasant. I don't know if I've explained it properly but I know what I mean!!
Myra:)