PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rubbish on the pill

Jo3016
25-11-09, 11:01
Hi all

Have been put on microgynon to regulate periods but is just making me feel worse. After only 11 days of taking it, I have stopped and then started bleeding again, have menstrual cramps, leg cramps, headache, spots, nausea, anxiety, constant pmt.

I feel worse on it then I did before and I had such high hopes for it working. I feel so miserable. The doctor has said to give it time (usually 3 months!!) but I just don't know whether I can do it. My anxiety is sky-high and I just feel awful. Any advice would be so gratefully accepted - please!!!

suzy-sue
25-11-09, 11:11
[SIZE="3" I f you cant stand it any longer ,You can be put on another one ..There are loads of different ones .Theres bound to be one that suits you better .I had a bad reaction to one ,it gave me chronic headaches that lasted for days .My Dr said it wasnt the pill ,but I knew it was ,I insisted he gave me another one .He did and they went away ..Sue xx[/SIZE]

miss diagnosis
25-11-09, 12:58
it does take 3-6 months for your body to adjust to a pill. if you change too soon you may just go through the same things. Give it the 3 months and then change if ur really not happy. im always changing pills..it takes a long time to find the right one.