PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - I am really worrying

Grasscutters
25-11-09, 11:48
Hi I have just joined this forum and wondered if anyone has similar symptoms to me.
Over the past 6 weeks or so I have had 3 or 4 episodes of waking up at night with what feels like trapped wind on and between my shoulder blades. This is accompanied by a feeling of having a burning sensation in my eosophagus. (Like I have a pill or something stuck there and is burning). Also have mucous feeling in throat and sometimes lump in throat sensation. Have suffered with anxiety state for many many years although have been very well for past 10 years or so. (Should point out that I have no abdominal pain whatsoever).
I have now moved to France and find it difficult to get a Dr who speaks English.
Anyone have these symptoms and if so, did you have it diagnosed and what was it. I have also got a terrible fear of Endoscopy so this is also worrying me a great deal in case the Dr suggests this.
Please help me as am so stressed about what this could be.
Thanks so much.

suzy-sue
25-11-09, 16:54
Hi and :welcome:Your symptoms can all be down to anxiety .But you need to tell your Dr ,he will give you some ant acid tablets to stop the burning .Endoscopys are only given when tablets dont work or there are other problems .So stop worrying .This is making your symtoms worse .Avoid spicy food and fatty food .also any thing with a high acid content ,for a while .If you sleep with the mattress slightly raised it will help .If you are suffering with IBS ,This can cause this too .Being anxious affects every part of your body sooner or later .So do try to relax more and it will help .Take care and I hope you feel a lot better soon .Sue

Maj
25-11-09, 17:18
Sounds like it could be acid reflux which is so common and affects thousands of people - including me!! Your doctor can prescribe a medication to cut down the acid. I take lansoprazol.
Myra:yesyes: