PDA

View Full Version : Women Only Colposcopy Experiences

cunny1980
25-11-09, 13:53
Hi Ive been for a colposcopy today after having mild cell changes show up on my smear. I had 2 biopseys and have been told I will get the results in 3-4 weeks (just in time for xmas). I just wanted to know if any one else has been through this and what the outcome was. Obviously I am really worried now as I suffer from HA but quite proud of myself that I managed to get through today - it wasnt actually any where near as bad as I thought it would be. I guess I want to know if anyone else has had biopseys and not had to have treatment or what treatment they had to have. I know this is a personnal subject so I do fully appreciate any advice you ladies can give me. :blush:

cunny1980
26-11-09, 14:05
Now I'm getting worried I cant be the only one whose had this done can I?????

Maj
26-11-09, 17:00
Sorry I haven't had this done myself but my friend is going tomorrow for biopsies and she's so nervous about it. I did say to her that these things are never as bad as you build them up to be (from my own experience of getting myself up to high dough!! - and then thinking why did I get myself into that state!!). It will be stressful worrying about the result but I really hope it's nothing to worry about for you. Let us know how you get on.
Myra:hugs:

maxine
26-11-09, 17:13
Breathe....and relax OP :-)

Basically their checking the changes , you said there are "mild changes"?
They are just checking what it is, may well be nothing , however, if and it's a big if they find anything unusual and need to remove the cells.
Basically to cut a simplify the process in the way my aunt discribed it to me, "they kind of sandpaper your bits thus removing the cells." ( i have an odd aunt!) apparently it never hurt and after she had that done she was good to go, i think the monitored her for a while but that was it.

As i said that's a big if.

Remember at the moment they are just checking. :hugs:

cunny1980
26-11-09, 19:07
Hi Myra thanks for replying if you dont mind will you let me know how your friend gets on Im just worried that they took 2 biopsies dont know if this is normal or not. If you speak to your friend tell her it doesnt hurt at all and it cant be too bad if I say that cos Im a big wuss lol.
Hi Maxine thanks to you also for replying im not too bothered about having treatment they said it would be under a general anisthetic Im just worried that I will get my results and they will say its cancer and theres nothing they can do. I know im probably being silly but I tend to think worst case scenario. Ive never had to have anything like this done before never been to hospital so finding the whole thing is freaking me out.
I really appreciate both of your replies so a huge thanks xxxx

MoonlightFire
27-08-10, 01:25
Hi Cunny. I had a colposcopy a few years ago after 2 abnormal smear tests showed borderline changes. I went to the hospital and had 2 grain biopsies, another smear and a test for HPV. Also they stained my cervix with a special dye to show up any viruses/infections. They passed a camera in to my vaginal passage to take a good look at my cervix. They found evidence of a virus or infection but the nurse said it was nothing to worry about and it would probably return to normal on its own.

I got my results 8 weeks later. Both biopsies were normal, my smear had gone back to normal and my HPV test was negative. The procedure was uncomfortable but the nurses took very good care of me and were very reasurring and sensitive. I have HA so it was a particularly unpleasant experience BUT i got through it and have had another normal smear test result since :)

Moonlight