PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety

ClaireJ
14-11-05, 23:23
hello

I suffer badly from health anxiety and would appreciate any help i can get because I spend my days terrified of everything. 3 weeks ago i cut my finger on a small piece of glass and thought I pulled it all out but 3 weeks later and there is still a small prick where it went in and it can feel sharp and now I am worried that i have septicimia can anyone help me????????????????????
thanks

nomorepanic
15-11-05, 15:10
Claire

Welcome aboard the forum.

Have a read here - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety - see if that helps atall.

Is the finger red or inflammed atall or any sign of puss around it?

You should be able to go to the doctors and get the nurse to get it out for you quite easily.

Try not to worry ok - it can be easily sorted.

Hope you get some help on here anyway.

Nicola

Alice
15-11-05, 15:38
Hi Claire

Septicemia would have developed much more quickly than 3 weeks, think days! It sounds like you may have a small splinter of glass left in there which is preventing it from healing properly, or perhaps because we use our hands and fingers so much constant use has prevented the cut from healing. Ask your doctor or nurse to take a look at it if youre worried, im sure it will turn out to be nothing, and it will reassure you that everything is fine

good luck

alice xx

jill
16-11-05, 11:52
Hi Claire

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people her who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

mazz
16-11-05, 12:27
hi claire welcome to the best site for anxiety around . hope you find some answers .....mazzxx

Piglet
16-11-05, 13:22
Hi Claire,

Welcome to the site.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.