PDA

View Full Version : Whats Causing These F'd Up Nightmares?

Ruby94
25-11-09, 14:45
Just to warn you that this post may be a little too graphic for some.

For the past week or two ive been getting horrible nightmares, ive never
been scared of my nightmares when i was younger but these did catch me out and left me in tears. And i think its my antidepressents causing these.

The first nightmare i had was a little boy running from his dad in a wooded area and his dad was damanding him to get into a landrover but the boy noticed his mother laying down dead in the back with her blood and guts coming out of her.

The second nightmare i can remember was last night, i dreamt of myself and friends in my back garden, around our patio furniture just hanging out normal as anything and suddendly someone brought my nan up (who died when i was born so i never met her) and they told me they found her body decapitated in a canal down the road from here. And the next minute i was infront of her body and i couldnt move and i was just staring at this body with the limbs removed from it.

I woke up finally and felt like i was mental in my head and i couldnt stop picturing my nans dead body, to be honest im not even sure if this was my nan or not, i know what she looks like but this body was brown and decaying.

I have no idea why im dreaming about stuff like this, i ran into my mums room because my partner was sleeping. And she told me its the xbox games ive been playing and that my medicine has my brain in a different set of mind and it could turn my mental if i kept playing these games.

Im not sure what to believe or what to do but i hate getting these weird horrible dreams for.

Have you experienced any nasty nightmares like i have?

gypsywomen
25-11-09, 14:56
i wouldnt read anything into your dreams ,it could be meds

Anxious_gal
25-11-09, 16:45
yeah meds can cause vivid dreams. maybe say it to your doctor.
I guess for people who don't normally get such elaborate dreams these can be very disturbing. try not to take them seriously, they are dreams, they mean nothing, maybe get up n get a glass of water after a bad dream, it can be hard to shake the images and emotions associated with the dreams.
if it helps I get crazy dreams too, they are quite detailed, ive always said i could make a movie out of my dreams!

suzy-sue
25-11-09, 17:12
[I]Ive had some really disturbing dreams ,they have played on my mind for days afterwards .But they cant hurt you they are just your subconcious mind ,thoughts or things we have thought about or seen during our life ,getting all muddled up .Playing games or being on the computer just before bed ,stimulates the brain and isnt t advisable .[/Its better to have a more relaxing hour or so before bed ,it helps you sleep better .Medications as people have said do also make you dream weird things .Uour current state of mind will also have some affect ..But even when you are happy you do still have the odd bad dream ..I]It doesnt mean you are going mental ..Hugs Sue xx:hugs:

Ruby94
25-11-09, 17:31
Alot does make sense to me now, i do think its my meds. Im not going to play extremley violent games and im not going to play them just before bed. Thankyou for you posts/replies. Really helped me.

Love you all x
Ruby

sarah jayne
25-11-09, 17:36
I'd agree with everytone. It will be your meds. Im on amitrptiline and i have really freaky dreams, sometimes they are quite good though lol x