PDA

View Full Version : Im Freaking Out!!!!

Ruby94
25-11-09, 18:58
IM SO SCARED RIGHT NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!

I COULD HAVE HYPOGLACMIA WHICH IS A CONDITION WHAT MAKES YOUR BLOOD SUGAR TOO LOW AND CAN MAKE YOU UNCONCIOUS IF YOU DONT TREAT IT.

MY MUM IS SCARING ME TO STAY ON FLUOXETINE BUT ITS MESSING WITH MY HEAD AND I CANT TAKE IT

RIGHT NOW IM FEELING LIGHT HEADED AND DIZZY AND I CANT BREATHE IM SO SCARED I DONT WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE WHY
DO I KEEP GETTING BAD LUCK ALL THE TIME I JUST WANT A LIFE
BACK I HATE THIS I HATE THIS I HATE THIS !! :weep:

Ruby94
25-11-09, 18:59
I DONT WANT TO GET FAT BUT MY THYROID IS ALREADY BORDERLINE SO IM F'D!

AND I HAVE TO KEEP HAVING SUGAR TO KEEP MY BLOOD UP. :weep:

KK77
25-11-09, 19:15
Ruby, you must make an appointment and see your GP. It's very easy to scare yourself into having all sorts of conditions. Don't just come off your antidepressant because you may get a lot worse. There are so many other options for you, so explain how you feel to your doctor.

nomorepanic
25-11-09, 19:18
Hypoglycemia is controlled by a balanced diet and not by eating sugary things.

You need to eat regular meals throughout the day to keep the blood sugar levels stable.

mandyclare
25-11-09, 19:20
Ruby as i said to you in pm.. even if these are hypoglacemic sugar drops you are having you dont need to eat more sugar.. in fact you need to eat less.. and more healthy balanced foods like protein and fibre..

If anything it will maintain a healthy weight not make you fat.

Its such a really common thing to have... so many people have it to different degrees.

Ive suffered hypoglacemia for years and years and can go for months when it causes me no bother at all.. When i do get it is when ive been silly and eaten lots of sugary stuff and nothing else.

Its really not as bad as all that..

There is also a good chance it could just be anxiety causing the symtoms.. anxiety attacks can also make you feel sweaty, shaky, weak etc.

Go see your dr for advice

xx

DeMac
25-11-09, 19:25
Ok Ruby u need to just relax a bit I know ur scared but it's treatable - Yep Hypoglacemia is low blood sugars are you diabetic? on any kind of insulin? Diabetics and non diabetics can suffer drops in blood sugars - with a diabetic that's when its becomes a big problem - You said you could have it? Have you officially been diagnosed? You can buy glucose sweets from any chemist -or keep a mars bar with a bottle of lucozade in the fridge to take for a quick fix which will bring the blood sugars up. Some medications can cause hypoglacemia so it could be a possible short term side effect - If this keeps happening seek medical advice.

Dee :hugs:

mandyclare
25-11-09, 19:29
As Dee says keep sugary snacks available if you need to bring your sugars levels up quickly but ALWAYS eat a substanial solid snack within 10-15 mins of the sugary snack/drink or you will just get another drop later. ideal snacks are crackers, bananas, brown bread, proteins (peanut butter is supposed to be good)... any food that releases it's sugar slowly. Sugars come from most foods ruby not just sweets, chocs and fizzy drinks .. its the refined sugar in sweets etc that are best avoided unless its taken with or straight after a proper meal x

Ruby94
25-11-09, 19:31
Thankyou Dee!

Well im not diabetic but you may be right i will go to the doctor about all of todays worries. :) thankyou

Ruby94
25-11-09, 19:32
I love bananas :)
hate peanut butter YACKK
I love cuppa teas and chocolate :)

but most importantly i want to start exercising!!