PDA

View Full Version : Who suffers hypoglacemic attacks (low blood sugars)

mandyclare
25-11-09, 19:25
Im really interested in finding out how many people on this site who are NOT diabetic suffer hypoglacemic attacks (low blood sugars).

Low blood sugars make you feel weak, shaky and sweaty and are only relieved by eating.

Could you let us know if you have suffered with this and if you think there is any connection to anxiety.

Mand x

candee86
25-11-09, 19:38
Hey Mand,

I suffer from this...I do believe it makes me anxious when I get it only because I am afraid of fainting and really need to eat loads of food (sugary) to make me feel better!

I havent spoken to many other people who have this problem.

Candy xxx

mummy4
25-11-09, 20:18
is this something which is diagnosed by a doctor?
just wondering as ive not been diagnosed but this is exactly how i feel.
i have breakfast around 8am then i 'have' to have something to eat like a few biscuits around 11am then ill have my lunch at around 1230-1.
dont feel so bad in the afternnon i must say.
if ive not had anything to eat around 11am i feel faint (which im petrified of) dizzy shaky its horrible.

candee86
25-11-09, 20:22
Umm I am not sure whether that is or not..i mean I get that feeling but there are days...maybe once a month or maybe even less now where I get a really odd feeling in my head..feel sweaty and clammy and my hands shake and my legs feel jelly like! Is this the same thing you get?

Candy xx

mrscats
25-11-09, 20:29
Yes I get this and the doctor could find mo reason for it. It's often first thing in the morning. I also get really grouchy unless I eat at specific regular times which makes me a real treasure to be around lol.
I always carry a high sugar content snack or drink with me just in case so it reduces some of my anxiety x

chickpea
25-11-09, 20:49
I have suffered from it, and still do very occasionally now.
I get snappy, start to feel shaky, hot and need to eat QUICKLY.

It hasn't happened since I've been diagnosed as suffering from anxiety - but that may be because i start the day with a bowl of porridge and have cut out most sugary stuff...so I think my blood sugar level is much more stable right now.:yesyes:

mandyclare
25-11-09, 20:57
thanks for your replies so far... i too have mine under control by cutting out sugary snacks.. ive come to the conclusion that if im desperate for a piece of choc or whatever that i have to have it straight after a meal so that it doesnt send my sugars high. Ive come across a few members in chat who seem to suffer sugar level problems and i'm starting to wonder if adrenaline/anxiety play a part in this.

Alot of drs dont seem to take non diabetic hypoglacemia particularly seriously but i really think they should be offering more advice about dietary changes that can keep this under control.

Mand x

margaret jones
25-11-09, 21:08
I agree sometimes i feel shakey nauseas and faint and feel the need to eat quickly This usually helps almost straight away and i feel better . I put mine down to low blood sugars and really belief that is what it is ..

Take Care Margaret

looking4answers
26-11-09, 05:09
My wife does about twice a year .It freaks me out.. but she eats a little candy and she is ok.. Hope you feel better..Michael

Phill2
26-11-09, 09:22
I used to get it but got over it by snacking between meals
The symptoms mimic those of anxiety
Phill :shades: