PDA

View Full Version : Just started on Fluoxetine today...

flix08
25-11-09, 21:29
I was just wondering how other people have found it? I've been on Citalopram before and had some really bad side effects so i'm a bit anxious about starting this...and also how long should it take to start working? I'm so desperate to feel better.

Thanks xxx

mabelthemini
25-11-09, 22:07
Hi Fix,
Ive been on it for 2 weeks and am just starting to feel a bit better, it might make you a bit more anxious to start with but it will get better in time. Main side effect I had was loss of appetite so if you live with other people make sure they feed you! Let us know how you are getting on and take care of yourself . X

sportynic1
26-11-09, 00:04
hey there i was the same as you fix ive just been given the fluoxetine today and am worry the side affects will be the same as the Citalopram.i dont know if i should take the fluoxetine. im like worrying cause of it

person22
09-03-10, 14:29
i know how u feel ive been given it today, not taken it yet tho

spaced
09-03-10, 19:14
hi
I've taken this and found it worked really well I didn't have any nasty side effects and took it for about 18 months. I found coming of the drug easy as well. I think for some it can take up 4 weeks to kick properly. When I was taking it the change in me was noticed by the family with my mum saying something like, you seem to be a lot better lately what you taking. So I think its worth trying.
Take care

Chuffed2Bits
13-03-10, 02:07
Hiya!

Just started fluoxetine today:shrug:...and have never been on any other meds for depression before so I'll let you know of my experiences...Good luck to one and all...keep us posted...:yesyes: