PDA

View Full Version : lump in neck again

victoria_s
25-11-09, 21:14
hi everyone, i posted a while back about a lump in neck that has been there for a couple of months, pea like, movable. well it still hasnt gone and i was at the doctors today (for the pill) and thought id just mention that it was still there and my neck was also quite sore, not particually noticable or swollen though. Anyway she wants me in for blood tests which has actually freaked me out , has anyone has tests for lumps in their neck? ive heard hodgkins can have only this one almost painless symptom? by the way the first time i went about this lump in my neck the doc had a good feel about my neck and i actually have another under chin but i havnt dared have a feel myself for that one...:wacko:

cunny1980
25-11-09, 21:19
Hi Victoria I also have a lump in my neck had it for weeks now. Mine sometimes burns a little and can be a bit sore. I had blood test about a week ago and they came back all clear. The best thing you can do is not keep feeling it as this stops it from going down. I have put mine down to stress but they can also be caused if you have had a cold or infection. Dont worry about it you have done the right thing telling your doctor and at least they will check it out for you.

Lou 1
25-11-09, 22:37
Hi - i have a few in my neck on the left and right side. they both move about when you press them.
I have seen 4 different doctors and they all said they're lymph nodes.
I was so worried to the point where i couldnt sleep and was obsessed with feeling my neck and my partners neck to see if he had any too!!
I told my doctor i wanted further tests and she said that the nodes werent classed as enlarged and she said it wasnt necessary to be referred for further tests but sent me for blood tests to ease my worrying. The tests all came back normal.
I've had mine for about 6-7 years now - even though i've seen doctors and had blood tests im still soo worried! :/

amandaj
26-11-09, 09:17
hi if its any consolation ive had a lump in my neck for about 7 years now, its moveable been checked by numerous drs, its a cyst so im told ,im sure yours is nothing to worry about either its just horrible knowing they are there mine is about the size of a 5p piece hope you get it sorted out

amandaxx

Andyc21
26-11-09, 12:20
Hi - i have a few in my neck on the left and right side. they both move about when you press them.
I have seen 4 different doctors and they all said they're lymph nodes.
I was so worried to the point where i couldnt sleep and was obsessed with feeling my neck and my partners neck to see if he had any too!!
I told my doctor i wanted further tests and she said that the nodes werent classed as enlarged and she said it wasnt necessary to be referred for further tests but sent me for blood tests to ease my worrying. The tests all came back normal.
I've had mine for about 6-7 years now - even though i've seen doctors and had blood tests im still soo worried! :/

I have exactly the same thing. I am 21 now and I developed this lump when I was about 14-15 just to the right of my adams apple. I got it checked up and the doctor said it is nothing to worry about but it's never gone down in 6-7 years and sometimes it gets bigger and then shrinks back to the size it was before. It's never completely gone away though.

steveprice
20-01-13, 13:54
I've just developed the same thing in the past few days - no problems swallowing or anything but is sore when i touch it, just feels like somethings swollen up in there, to the right of the adams apple, am going to see the doc asap and get prodded by a professional. this is a new thing for me and one of a sequence of little anxiety issues that ive had over the winter - think there's nothing wrong really but doubt always plays a big part in recovery time!