PDA

View Full Version : Fainting, =|

VickieX
25-11-09, 22:12
Yesterday i fainted at college, down the stairs.
and ever since, i've had really bad headaches, dizyness, tingling and a pain in my side. =(
i dont think its anxiety playing tricks on me.
too scared to go to the doctor too.

someone advise please?

mandyclare
25-11-09, 22:17
If you fainted fully you need to get checked out with the doctor. Im sure its nothing to worry about but you do need the faint recorded on your medical record. I had a near faint in January and its not happened since so try not to worry. The dr did take it seriously though and made a note on my medical notes

VickieX
25-11-09, 22:29
It was a full faint apparently. friends said i went blue. i just cant stand doctors. they make me panic
x

ScaredCaz
25-11-09, 22:34
Hi Vickie

I know how you feel i hate doctors too when i do find a nice one i always think they are sick of me after 2 visits

The fact that you have come here shows you are worrying about this so bite the bullet and go docs you are more than likely fine but if you dont you will drive yourself mad worrying

Good luck x

VickieX
25-11-09, 22:36
Yeah true, just getting the courage to do it. then you have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment! so silly! x

ScaredCaz
25-11-09, 22:43
Yeah true, just getting the courage to do it. then you have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment! so silly! x

Hi Vickie

I so know what you mean i have health anxiety and i am petrified of going docs the thought of being referred to a hospital scares the life out of me i am convinced they would find something and 3 weeks for a appointment is silly could you not explain you have a fear of docs (white coat syndrome) and need to be seen sooner rather than later?

You never know they may get you in earlier it could be worth a try if not make a appointment try your best not to think about it till the date gets nearer i know easier said than done but you will be ok and pat yourself on the back for making the appoinment thats the 1st step

Best wishes x

kathee
25-11-09, 22:56
is it possible you could just go to the walk in centre to be checked over? not as scary as making an appointment then waiting for the appointed time to arrive xx

VickieX
27-11-09, 11:06
Hi guys,
well took our advice on just going in they.
you cant be seen without an appointment, so they put me on treeage(sp?) list.
had to wait half an hour with a banging headache, panicing all just to get checked over.
now i'm on some other medication to reduce the headache and pain in the neck.

Thankyou for your support.
I feel proud that i've gone now =)

xx

gypsywomen
27-11-09, 11:49
go to the docters just to get checked over hun

jiggy
27-11-09, 13:13
hope ur ok

ScaredCaz
27-11-09, 15:05
Hi guys,
well took our advice on just going in they.
you cant be seen without an appointment, so they put me on treeage(sp?) list.
had to wait half an hour with a banging headache, panicing all just to get checked over.
now i'm on some other medication to reduce the headache and pain in the neck.

Thankyou for your support.
I feel proud that i've gone now =)

xx

Well done vickie

believe me i know how you feel about docs glad you sorted something hope you feel better soon x :)

Cell block H fan
28-11-09, 15:24
It was a full faint apparently. friends said i went blue. i just cant stand doctors. they make me panic
x

Same here. I used to almost live at the doctors. Ive now gone the opposite way. I'm almost like an Ostrich! Bury my head in the sand person, which can be more dangerous really!
I haven't ever fainted to be honest. But lately I feel light headed quite a lot. And its not through lack of food or anything, I eat plenty on a regular basis.
Not sure what it is though. And its probably the first ever thing ive not worried about too oddly enough!
How have you been since?