PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft - ZERO Appetite. Anybody Else?

newskin0318
25-11-09, 23:39
I suffered from anxiety 4 1/2 years ago and was prescribed 50mg Zoloft. I took the Zoloft for approximately 8-10 weeks at the time, and saw a Therapist.

I know my experience is uncommon, but my anxiety went away. Completely went away. I sort of organically stopped taking the Zoloft. It wasn't a conscious decision.. I just sorta stopped.

I was great for 4.5 years, and my anxiety has come back.

I'm taking the same steps - Am back on the Zoloft, today is Day 3, and am seeing a Therapist for CBT and council.

Because it was nearly 5 years ago I remember bits and pieces, but not all of the intricacies of my first experience with this.

Anybody else who has taken Zoloft - Did you experience FULL loss of appetite? I'm a 6', 260lb Man and I my loss of appetite is extreme. I cannot finish anything. Nothing is appetizing in any way.

I sat down today to an orange, and only ate 3 slices before I stopped. I tried to eat some mac n' cheese for dinner and had 4 bites before I couldn't eat any more.

I'm really really hoping that if I just stick with it the side effects will subside, and I'll start to see a decrease in my anxiety.

Thank you all for any input.

Downsinthenorth
26-11-09, 14:38
Hi

Have you spoken to your doctor about your loss of appetite? It might be worth finding out if this is a side effect of the drug and, if so, how long it usually lasts.

Worse-case-scenario, the doctor will change your medication if this persists - although I find the side-effects (for my meds*) gradually subside as my body adjusts.

* Different drug - I've never been on Zoloft.

Hope you get your appetite back soon

Downsinthenorth

brady
11-12-09, 01:58
Hello there im currently on 50mg of lustral a day for depression and im also on chlorpromazine for anxiety. My appetite has grown more than anything, i just cant stop eating lol

KK77
11-12-09, 02:12
Hello there im currently on 50mg of lustral a day for depression and im also on chlorpromazine for anxiety. My appetite has grown more than anything, i just cant stop eating lol

That's probably the chlorpromazine.

Panic33
11-12-09, 17:54
I think anxiety its-self makes you eat less, but I do tend eat more and esp sweet things since on sertaline