PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks... AM I GOING INSAINE????

ryansgurl
26-11-09, 01:07
hello, iam currently suffering from what i think is anxiety attacks and panic disorder.. for the last 5 months almost daily sometimes more than once, i get what i call attacks, first it starts in my stomach as a tingly sensation, then it gets hard to breath i get shaky, my hands and feet go numb and get tingly, i get hott, then cold, i get really lightheaded and feel kinda out of it.. i get sick to my stomach and all around just very scared.. at times i feel as if i am actually going to die.. i have been in and out of the e.r. and am currently seeing a heart doctor because i also get heart palpations with this, i thought i was having heart problems.. so after blood tests and ecgs, and an echo(ultrasound of the heart) and now being on a heart monitor for the last month and betta blockers, a medicine that slows your heart rate.. i still am gettin the same responce, everything looks normal.. well to me i feel as if im going insain, i am constantly thinking, my mind just runs and runs,, sometimes i cant sleep.. i get thoughts bad things happening, and thinking of ways to avoid that.. i currently dont go out very often, cause im very scarred of these attacks in public.. this is really taking over my life, im only 24 years old i have a husband and a 5 year old which lately i cannot keep up with cause of my PROBLEM, so to say.. i just feel at a loss, i dont know what to do, im not fond of medications.. here lately i have been losing my appitite, getting sick to my stomach and crampy on my sides.. god i think as if im insain, but i need answers.. does anyone else suffer from this, what is my pproblem, is it all in my head??? what do i do, i want my life back!!! PLEASE HELP ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPERICATED!!!!:unsure:

looking4answers
26-11-09, 01:59
Nope not insane just severe anxiety.. Its all in your head but thats a good thing.. It can be cured and will go away.. or at the very least get easier to control. We all feel exactly like you describe some more than others ,sometimes more than others. just hang in there and if you are really worried.. Make an appointment and tell your dr. ahead of time you just want to chat and find out what is wrong with yourself .Tell them you are anxious if they don't know already and maybe you can help yourself worry less if you know you are ok.. Michael

Anxious_gal
26-11-09, 03:02
sounds like anxiety. your not going insane you simply just feel like it.
maybe buy some books on anxiety, n see a councillor if you can, you need some extra support.
once you know a bit more about anxiety it'll help you make a bit more sense out of how your feeling :-)

ryansgurl
27-11-09, 02:38
thank you for your advice, its so great to hear from someone that your not insain (lol).. i will make an appointment thank you sooo much :)

Veronica H
27-11-09, 09:03
:bighug1:No you are not insane. Your nerves have become sensitised. It certainly sounds like panic anxiety and many here have ended up in the ER more than once as the symptoms can appear so powerful.
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica