PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is so hard

Barbie12
15-11-05, 14:45
Hi im new here but have been suffering from severe anxiety for 7 months and have even been in a mental ward because of it. Has anyone else been admitted to hospital for anxiety?

Its so awful anyone wanna talk

trac67
15-11-05, 15:01
Hi Barbie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.

Feel free to pm me any time you need a chat.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Alice
15-11-05, 15:34
Hi Barbie

Im sorry to hear youre having such a hard time. I used to suffer agoraphobia and panic attacks and at one point i had a reaction to my medication and had to come off it straight away instead of tapering it off slowly, well i went a bit loopy and spent short while in a psychiatric ward until the effects had worn off!

For me being in hospital really gave me a kick up the backside, because i shared a ward with people who had more serious and more disabling problems such as schizophrenia etc, it made me realise that i could control my anxiety if i learned how and had a chance of a normal life, unlike some of the people i met in hospital.

Barbie anxiety can be beaten, and there are plenty of people on here who have done so! As youve been in hospital i guess youre seeing a doctor and CPN etc, do you take any meds? theres lots of info on the site about different medications and herbal remedies, try using the search button to search for the topic you want and have a read through of what other people have tried and what has worked and what hasnt.

I recently bought a book by Dr Clare Weekes on the recommendation from several people on here, and its brilliant. It explains anxiety to a tee, and has clear and simple ways of beating it. Its worth a go and it helped me feel more positive and less despairing about panic and anxiety.

Good luck Barbie and take care, feel free to PM me if you want to chat about anything

Alice xx

mazz
15-11-05, 15:54
hi barbie sorry you,ve had a rough ride . i have,nt been to hospital , just wanted to welcome you to nmp . its a great site .......luv mazzx

Barbie12
15-11-05, 16:15
thanks for the messages its helps

Dusty
15-11-05, 16:28
Hi Barbie

Sorry to here you are having such a rough ride. You'll find us a friendly lot here and very easy to talk to.

I've never been admitted to hospital but I work there daily - I'm a secretary on a neuropsychiatric ward (brain injuries). And like Alice said it puts it into focus how lucky I am. Some of the poor people I see as in-patients will never be able to live the same way they did before they had their accident or illness.

Doesn't always make it better when I'm having a rough day but it can put it a little into persepective.

Chin up, sweetie. You can feel better.

Dusty