PDA

View Full Version : Begining Of Another Holiday Season And Im Nervous,Anxious and Sad

looking4answers
26-11-09, 04:17
Thanksgiving is the beginning of what should be the best seasons for the rest of the year until after New Years Eve, but It always makes me sad.

Over the past.. my memories of lots of aunts and uncles , my brother and mother did their best to make the family happy. Over the years they have all passed away thus making me somewhat of an orphan. I have two families of children.. five in all and three grandchildren .Most of them we haven't seen since Katrina. We all lived in New Orleans and were always together every two weeks for dinner. That ended with Katrina and our lives all separated all over the country.

My childhood was a happy time at holidays I mourn those times .. keeping the depression at bay during the times with my children growing up was hard as my mother and aunts and uncles and sibling had all passed away.. Now with my kids all over and not being able to visit. I feel sad ,I don't want to feel that way and try to do what I can to not feel that way.

In four years its been the first holiday to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal ,it has helped but I can't help but feeling emotional as the holidays come forth. I know other people have it worse much worse but Im more bothered by the feelings of depression and anxiety than I am of actually missing the older family and the children and grandchildren. The blahs just hit me and im getting anxious..

I love this time of year but always dread it ,feeling of sorrow yet of hope yet of anxious times of what the next year will bring. Also the lost of our beloved pet is bothering me tremendously .. The brother of the pet is also depressed.. He sleeps alot and acts strangely ..Im worried that maybe there is something wrong with him. I watch him day and night to make sure he is ok.. I check on the other animals..

I just want all this worry to go ..at least during the holidays.. anyone else feel this way? Michael

den68
26-11-09, 07:44
i knbow alot of people get sentimental at this time of year i think its normal

kazzie
26-11-09, 10:24
I can sympathise with you entirely:hugs:

I too feel down and not at all jolly:doh:

I hope things pick up for you real soon:yesyes:

Take care

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

looking4answers
26-11-09, 21:14
Thank you both for replying to me.. Its Thanksgiving today .. and some of the kids and some friends have text us to say Happy Thanksgiving. I went out to feed the animals today its a beautiful day outside.. its not too cold and bright and sunny.The animals don't know its Thanksgiving but feeding them and tending them made me feel a little better and also coming in and signing on here always does. Thank you both so very much for caring. Michael

Jingle
26-11-09, 22:02
Hi Michael,

I really feel for you, thats a lot for anyone to take on board. If it gets bad again, how about confronting the pain for an hour of two? I may be speaking twaddle here and I apologise if I am, but it might just get it out of your system a bit. I realise that it will always be in your system because thats where your family and your beloved pet are, in your heart. I guess this would be very hard for you to do and totally understand if you say that you can't do it.

It's good to hear that you've received text messages and that you're having a better day today, it's been really cold here too but lovely and sunny!

I too lost my darling cat a couple of weeks ago.

Hope you continue to feel better - we're always here for the times when you're not.

Biggest hugs,

J xx

looking4answers
26-11-09, 22:15
Sorry for the loss of your cat.. Thanks for the encouragement.. Ill be ok.. its just kind of hard sometimes.. but everyone here knows that.. Hugs to you as well.. Michael