PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommend a natural remedy?

Wannabeloved85
15-11-05, 15:05
Hi,
I use rescue remedy and im not on any perscribed medication. But i was just wondering if anyone could recommend a herbal/natuaral remedy that works to keep the anxiety at bay during the day?

I just feel drained everyday and tired {for no reason, i dont do anything!} and maybe it might help when i go out. Alot of people say sjw or 5-htp are really good. 5-htp i understand is part of the {is it steronine} family, which is one of the majour prescribed anti-anxiety drugs.
Thanks
Becci x x x

Alice
15-11-05, 15:21
Hi Becci

Ive just started talking Kalms and have found them quite good, they contain valerian and other calming herbal ingredients and you can take them throughout the day or just when youre feeling anxious. Theyre are supposed to regulate your sleep as well to leave you with more energy. Ive only just started taking them but i think they calm me if im feeling anxious.

Ive also read that tiredness can be due to a lack of essential fatty acids like omega 3+6+9 so ive started taking them too as i dont eat any fish at all ick

Theres a site that someone on here recommended for sjw and it also has lots of information on 5HTP and other amino acid remedies, I'll see if i can find it for you, i considered coming off my meds to try them but thought i should probably stick with what ive got at the moment before i try and find another miracle cure lol

alice xx

Wannabeloved85
15-11-05, 15:30
hi alice,
I have some kalms, a friend sent me some that he didnt use, they smell really bad lol but i might give those ago.
Thanks and take care
Becci x x x

Alice
15-11-05, 15:40
lol valerian smells and tastes awful! The ones i have are coated in sugar or something, so you cant actually taste anything when you take them, at last a manufacturer who isnt trying to poison us lol

xx

Wannabeloved85
15-11-05, 16:41
are you talking bout the kalms alice? lol cos the ones i got smell awful. Its ok, im just paranoid cos even though he my friend, i get paranoid cos he somone i talk to on net, so the kalms are in the jar but cos he tried them but diodnt work he sent em me. in the post the jar broke, but im paranoid bout taking em lol incase i been spiked! lol cant see iut happening, but thats just me!

Alice
15-11-05, 17:14
yeah, i got my kalms from holland and barrett and they just look like little white sweets, and you can only smell them slightly and cant taste them at all! Maybe theyve changed them or something, but the ones i have arent that bad at all. If youre worried about it just go and buy some, they were only a few quid and its worth it for peace of mind if youre worried
x

desperate
15-11-05, 17:27
I saw Kalms in the chemist today and also some day time valerian, maybe worth a look?

Sarah

Trish
15-11-05, 19:30
Hi Becci

I have been taking Bach's Remedy and Valerian Root capsules for the last week and they seem to be working a treat (touch wood!) The Valerian does smell something awful, when i first took the lid off it was dreadful.........a real pong!

I have also cut out tea and coffee after 6pm, and i do believe that has helped me to.

You have nothing to lose by trying something herbal (bar a few pounds)
and hopefully everything to gain.
Good luck
Trish x

'Life is not measured by the breaths we take...but by the moments that take our breath away'

Meg
15-11-05, 22:20
Trish

Thats great news that they're helping.

I lived on a cocktail of a variety of Bach Remedies and valarian tincture and tablets for a couple of months when I
was acute.

Saw me through the worst bits.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

desperate
16-11-05, 10:54
Is it ok to take Kalms with SJW anybody know?

Sarah

Wannabeloved85
16-11-05, 11:02
Im not sure,i think it can cause drowsiness, ive been looking at a website bout natural remedies and you can mix,i think, to a degree. But depending on the valerian ingriediants and other ingrediants it might not be a good idea.

Ive also been looking and im ive read that Kava is the most effective natural remedy, but cant be taken longer than 3 months continuelsy. Si i think i might just go with the kalms, if they dont work, try a more stronger valarian dose like valerian it self! lol
Becci x x x

desperate
16-11-05, 11:15
Kava i think is banned in this country coz of liver problems assocaited with it....give the Kalms a go!

Might just stick to the SJW for now then....not sure how good it is for anxiety but i guess it's the serotonin thing!

Sarah

Wannabeloved85
16-11-05, 11:19
lol i knew i read sommat on the liver thing! i musta got confused because i read loads on sjw valerian etc lol oh well!